Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Send Your Christmas/New Year's Greeting to Ray Bradbury
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Send Your Christmas/New Year's Greeting to Ray Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
_

Ray has received the postings everyone submitted. Here is his note pertaining to them:

"Thanks for the dozens of emails sent to me. They're all beautiful and they made me very happy. What a wonderful gift. Please send my love back to all those dear people."

Ray Bradbury

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for doing this,Nard. It's great to know that our love and admiration has been conveyed to Ray, especially right before Christmas. And I would also like to take this opportunity to wish all my friends and fellow Bradbury lovers at this site the very merriest of Christmases and a Happy New Year!! I hope 2006 is kind to all of you!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray, you use all the right words:
beautiful
very happy
wonderful
gift
love
dear people

You don't hold back. That's why we love you.

Happy New Year~

Posts: 52 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: 07 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Added a link onsite at AB to 451 and a few other classics...
Thank you, Ray.

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The postings I promised to send him (birthday greetings and other expressions of admiration) got in the mail about a minute before the Post Office closed on December 24.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, this is actually a Halloween greeting and perhaps a premature Thanksgiving and Christmas greeting as well. Just, once again, thanking you Mr. Bradbury for teaching me to see the colors, patterns and shapes that we ignore in this short sojourn...called life. Thank you Mr. Bradbury, Thank you so much...
Paul and Family

believer in Douglas

Posts: 58 | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This will be my second greeting for a second year in a row. I've learned that you've seen pictures of my Halloween Tree I did last year in my yard. You are totally inspiring. Thanks for your love and passion and compassion and support and imagination.

May peace be with you this season.

Much love and respect,

~ charles "LordShen" shaver

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy New year to Ray and everyone! I hope everybody has a spectacularly grand year in lucky '07!!!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same to you, Robot Lincoln-Murmer-Scene Shifter-Visible Sound-Rocket!
And thanks to Ray Bradbury for making 2006 more enjoyable!!!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With but a few hours to go in old 2006, did I get enough life poured into my glass before I'm served up a fresh one?

Nice to get another - if indeed the next hours are mine to have! I did the best I could. Made some friends. Thanked everyone I could, and to those I've forgotten, I'll do so next time we meet.

To all here -- thanks much!

Be well, good health, more Peace than strife, and "Cheers" to the metaphors and images of Ray Bradbury from which we all drink deeply.

f

(Hey, Sundance! Is that you?? Uncanny!)

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year to everyone...

ImageCopy_of_2007_Happy_New_Year.jpg (50 Kb, 12 downloads)

Posts: 37 | Registered: 30 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post