Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Send Your Christmas/New Year's Greeting to Ray Bradbury
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Send Your Christmas/New Year's Greeting to Ray Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hey, everyone! Less than a week to write something here for Ray Bradbury.

Photos welcomed.

Someone already posted a photo. Great! Will print those out as well.

All goes out into the mail by next Tuesday afternoon (Dec. 20th) at the post office!!

Come on! Write something!!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can we ask for an autograph or letter in this thread :-D

Posts: 4 | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Ray!

Merry Christmas! We posted up a nice review of 'The Bradbury Chronicles' at Adventure Books. Fantastic book.

Mr. Electrico (Sam Weller's email name) was kind enough to thank us, and said he loved the background music.

Sincerely,
Robert M. Blevins
Gayla J. Prociv
and the Staff of Adventure Books, Seattle.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Robert M Blevins,

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Ray!

Many thanks from the 12-year old boy who "discovered" you while reading THE GOLDEN APPLES OF THE SUN under a tree in his parents' back yard in a small Ohio town a long time ago, fell on his head as a result, and happily hasn't been the same since!

With much affection,

Richard

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Richard,

Posts: 2446 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dearest Ray,

Thanks for making me smile.

Sincerely,

~ Charles "LordShen" Shaver

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
_______
Hey! We need more Christmas Cheer postings for Mr. Bradbury! Get yours in by December 20th. We've had several hundred people looking in. Put in some Holiday Cheer to the man while you're at it!
______

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray,

On behalf of all your British fans, friends and admirers, I wish you a very merry Christmas!

Phil Nichols
England

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Ray,
Here's hoping that you will have a nice Holiday
Randy Hauck
(Enginner for the Bob Jacobs 1969
record "Dark Carnival")

ImageHappyHolidays_2005.jpg (33 Kb, 15 downloads) Photo

Posts: 37 | Registered: 30 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cannot stop reading your words and appreciating you as a writer and truly creative person. As Mr. Xxx said, "This is the most incredible example of sensual hallucination and hypnotic suggestion I've ever encountered! ... Your insanity is beautifully complete!"
I wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Best wishes,
Brent Lessard

"The animal does not question life. It lives. Its very reason for living is life; it enjoys and relishes life."

Posts: 5 | Location: Canada | Registered: 18 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
•••••
Last Opportunity...
...to get something over to Ray Bradbury in a form of a 'Christmas Greeting', 'Thanks!' 'Best Wishes for the New Year', or ...whatever is on your heart.

But I have to knock-off a couple hours from the original cut-off of noon, Central Time tomorrow, Dec. 20th. That makes it 10 AM at the latest, Central Time, tomorrow, December 20th, Tuesday. (That's 11 AM New York, 8 AM West Coast.) Do it!!! Ray will love to hear from you!
•••••

posted Hide Post
Dear Mr. Bradbury,

A Merry Merry Christmas to you and yours. How could I possibly express the joys and wonders that you have shown me? Douglas has lived in me for all my life it seems. Your lantern that shone on me as well as countless others continues to burn bright. Also, I have learned to pass that light of wonderment and curiosity unto the latter generations. My children will know of Douglas and starlight and what lies in the mist beyond the horizon. I guess what I am trying to say is: Thank you Mr. Bradbury. Thank you so much…

Love,

Paul and family

believer in Douglas

Posts: 58 | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Hey, everyone! Less than a week to write something here for Ray Bradbury.

Photos welcomed.

Someone already posted a photo. Great! Will print those out as well.

All goes out into the mail by next Tuesday afternoon (Dec. 20th) at the post office!!

Come on! Write something!!

believer in Douglas

Posts: 58 | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A gift for your Christmas, it's all that I've got for you, sir.

Open the Stars

The languid, measureless obsidian,
Brindled with dandelion and sprinkling of snowflakes,
Is ever more fluid than solid.

The lustrous bodies, agape,
Separated to incalculable dimension,
Pester the mente in jest of aeon laughing.

Gazing is all that we can do,
Aware of aspirations and entwined with fullest awe,
To feel their touch of radiance.

Proposal and denial to exist
Free of crags and gases,
Nevermore aware of direction.

Flabbergastry at response to the imaginers
With bouch wide at the answer
Ocuals immensitised at the dream.

With more love and gratitude than you could imagine,

Allex Spires

Posts: 17 | Registered: 03 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THANKS! to Everyone who contributed a note to Bradbury at Christmas/New Years. Some 25 did so...and all contributions printed up and sent out in this afternoon's mail.

Best wishes at Christmas
Happy 2006 AD

posted Hide Post
Thanks, Nard for all you do.
Besides our Überfrau Dandelion, you're the busiest "board member" , in my opinion.
Have a blessed Nativity celebration!
(I've got to wait 'til Jan 7, but I get some good deals at some stores Dec. 26!)
I hope we get a response from Mr. B!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post