Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Send Your Christmas/New Year's Greeting to Ray Bradbury
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Send Your Christmas/New Year's Greeting to Ray Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted
___

Here's the Deal:
Until Noon (Central time) December 20th 2005, write a post expressing your love, your thoughts and/or ideas...to Ray Bradbury. I'll print them all up, in larger type, and send them pronto via mail to Ray's home so he can get it by December 24th delivery!

___

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although I plan a similar mailing myself, one can't send too much love or too many Christmas greetings to such a warm and wonderful individual as Mr. Ray Bradbury!

Merry Christmas and many, MANY Happy New Years!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May your typewriter always have ribbon. May the “windows” in your life always be the ones you want them to be. And may you and your family enjoy happiness and comfort this Christmas and in the coming year.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for opening up whole new worlds to me, Mr. Bradbury. You truly will live forever in the hearts and souls of all your friends at this site. I wish you a wonderful Christmas and all the best in 2006.

LANA

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best Wishes for A Great Christmas Celebration!
Your stories always enchant. As real Christmas is full of promise, your stories always promised a sense of wonder.

Lydia

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have a wonderfully merry Christmas! Here's to another year full of creative joy and many blessings. Mr. Bradbury, thank you for the myriad words and worlds you've given us. Happy Holidays!

Nick

Posts: 168 | Location: Santa Fe, NM | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to you and yours, Mr. Bradbury. In the words of Tiny Tim "God bless us all." (Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol.)

South Africa.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 03 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RB with JZ

This young man turns 17 tomorrow (December 06, 2005), and still tells everyone about meeting Ray Bradbury when he was 13. Thank you for the contagious gift of enthusiasm. DZ

Posts: 26 | Location: Ojai, CA, USA | Registered: 18 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
....may a misplaced jack o lantern roll it's way to your doorstep with a whirlwind of rustling leaves guiding the way to give you a Christmas with a hint of Halloween's past, just as you like it. For it is the fall that makes my blood run thick much like yours! This worlds coldest season makes me long for that September sun and those stories of yours my son and I pick up each year. Merry Chritmas Ray, keep those juices flowing! Greetings from Canada....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Peter James Billing,

Posts: 12 | Location: canada | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best Christmas wishes to you, Mr. Bradbury. How can i express how I feel about you in my heart, as a kindred soul and a teacher, your words open up new passageways in my soul. May God bless you now and forever, and may your life always be overflowing with light and joy.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas, Santa Ray! You've given us all so many gifts through our lives--and you keep on giving!

For your fans, Christmas morning will be the day that "Farewell, Summer" and "Somewhere a Band is Playing" appear in stores!

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait! And don't worry--your milk and cookies are in the mail!

Much love,

Dr. Patrick Mullins

Posts: 25 | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray, as I've said many times, you have that talent, possessed by a few great poets, of combining words in such a way that an entire atmosphere emerges, including sensory perceptions, that engulfs the reader...in short, you can do in a short story what other writers would need a novel to do.
Merry Christmas and God bless!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From Martian landscapes to midnight carnivals, from new running shoes to an African veldt--from a thousand things hoped and dreamed, to a thousand things made real, the lesson learned is forever this: there is magic here, now. The electricity fills the very air, and we need only reach up, hope, and believe.

May you and your home be blessed Mr. Bradbury, this holiday season and always. Thank you.

Dave

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas, Dear Grandfather! God bless you!

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray,

Merry Christmas and God bless.

You are the greatest writer of our time.
Thank you for all you have given us.

Craig

Posts: 4 | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post