Send Your Christmas/New Year's Greeting to Ray Bradbury

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6791083901/m/3371008271

03 December 2005, 11:06 AM
Nard Kordell
Send Your Christmas/New Year's Greeting to Ray Bradbury
___

Here's the Deal:
Until Noon (Central time) December 20th 2005, write a post expressing your love, your thoughts and/or ideas...to Ray Bradbury. I'll print them all up, in larger type, and send them pronto via mail to Ray's home so he can get it by December 24th delivery!

___
03 December 2005, 12:43 PM
dandelion
Although I plan a similar mailing myself, one can't send too much love or too many Christmas greetings to such a warm and wonderful individual as Mr. Ray Bradbury!

Merry Christmas and many, MANY Happy New Years!
03 December 2005, 02:35 PM
Chapter 31
May your typewriter always have ribbon. May the “windows” in your life always be the ones you want them to be. And may you and your family enjoy happiness and comfort this Christmas and in the coming year.
03 December 2005, 05:16 PM
lmskipper
Thank you for opening up whole new worlds to me, Mr. Bradbury. You truly will live forever in the hearts and souls of all your friends at this site. I wish you a wonderful Christmas and all the best in 2006.

LANA
04 December 2005, 02:00 PM
libRArY
Best Wishes for A Great Christmas Celebration!
Your stories always enchant. As real Christmas is full of promise, your stories always promised a sense of wonder.

Lydia
05 December 2005, 10:57 AM
Yestermorrow
Have a wonderfully merry Christmas! Here's to another year full of creative joy and many blessings. Mr. Bradbury, thank you for the myriad words and worlds you've given us. Happy Holidays!

Nick
05 December 2005, 12:09 PM
mr_xxx
Merry Christmas to you and yours, Mr. Bradbury. In the words of Tiny Tim "God bless us all." (Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol.)

South Africa.
05 December 2005, 09:20 PM
deanzat
RB with JZ

This young man turns 17 tomorrow (December 06, 2005), and still tells everyone about meeting Ray Bradbury when he was 13. Thank you for the contagious gift of enthusiasm. DZ
06 December 2005, 06:24 AM
Peter James Billing
....may a misplaced jack o lantern roll it's way to your doorstep with a whirlwind of rustling leaves guiding the way to give you a Christmas with a hint of Halloween's past, just as you like it. For it is the fall that makes my blood run thick much like yours! This worlds coldest season makes me long for that September sun and those stories of yours my son and I pick up each year. Merry Chritmas Ray, keep those juices flowing! Greetings from Canada....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Peter James Billing,
07 December 2005, 10:59 PM
fanboy
Best Christmas wishes to you, Mr. Bradbury. How can i express how I feel about you in my heart, as a kindred soul and a teacher, your words open up new passageways in my soul. May God bless you now and forever, and may your life always be overflowing with light and joy.
08 December 2005, 10:11 AM
PatrickMullins
Merry Christmas, Santa Ray! You've given us all so many gifts through our lives--and you keep on giving!

For your fans, Christmas morning will be the day that "Farewell, Summer" and "Somewhere a Band is Playing" appear in stores!

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait! And don't worry--your milk and cookies are in the mail!

Much love,

Dr. Patrick Mullins
08 December 2005, 11:53 AM
Braling II
Ray, as I've said many times, you have that talent, possessed by a few great poets, of combining words in such a way that an entire atmosphere emerges, including sensory perceptions, that engulfs the reader...in short, you can do in a short story what other writers would need a novel to do.
Merry Christmas and God bless!
10 December 2005, 05:03 PM
ravenswake
From Martian landscapes to midnight carnivals, from new running shoes to an African veldt--from a thousand things hoped and dreamed, to a thousand things made real, the lesson learned is forever this: there is magic here, now. The electricity fills the very air, and we need only reach up, hope, and believe.

May you and your home be blessed Mr. Bradbury, this holiday season and always. Thank you.

Dave
13 December 2005, 05:48 AM
Pavel Gubarev
Merry Christmas, Dear Grandfather! God bless you!

immersion.raybradbury.ru
13 December 2005, 06:52 PM
Utopia
Ray,

Merry Christmas and God bless.

You are the greatest writer of our time.
Thank you for all you have given us.

Craig