Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Mr Bradbury Goes To Washington

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mr Bradbury Goes To Washington
 Login/Join

posted
(I wanted to post this message to RESOURCES, but that topic doesn't seem to be working today...)

Courtesy of Patrick, some photos of Ray on his recent trip to Washington:

Mrs Lynne Cheney, Dana Gioia head of NEA, Patrick and Mr B:

Mr B and his NEA Award, in the White House Blue Room:

Patrick, many thanks for sharing these with us.

Phil
www.bradburymedia.co.uk

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, thanks for sharing them with us, Patrick, and thanks to you too, philnic, for posting them! Ray looks great, and I especially loved the first photo of him in front of the space capsule. How perfect is that image?

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GREAT! Very exciting. (I've been to that museum, seen and touched that.)

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patrick / Phil

Thanks! for posting the pictures. Who is the fellow standing right next to Vice President's wife, right in back of Ray?

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great pics! DC is one place I'd love to get to, someday.....all those museums!

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patrick / Phil:

Thanks for the shots and for getting them posted. Very, very cool.

It is so nice to see Bradbury recognized like this and that he is healthy enough to go receive it. I'm only sorry that Maggie missed it, but perhaps she was there in spirit.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patrick and Phil, how did I miss these earlier in the week? Nice! Thanks so much. fp

Mr. Dark, I am sure Mrs. Bradbury was somewhere very close at hand and heart!

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post