Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    New Movie Astronaut Farmer
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Movie Astronaut Farmer
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
biplane1, you may well be crazy, but you are also correct! Cast list here.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Philnic, who would name their child Billy Bob? And I would bet a dollar to a donut that you would never find that name amongst Englsih children. Am I right?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
William Robert, perhaps?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bralin II beat me to it. Mind you, the popular modern shortening of William is Wills, and of Robert is Rob.

So Billy Bob becomes Wills Rob.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Billy Bob Thornton is the oldest son of high school basketball coach Billy Ray Thornton and Virginia Faulkner Thornton, a psychic who predicted his 1997 Oscar win. Born in Hot Springs, Arkansas on August 4 (that's my birth date), Billy Bob was named after (respectively) his father (Billy) and his mother's grandfather (Bob). Yes, Billy Bob is his legal, given name.

We have something in common besides the birthday: our favourite TV show is The Andy Griffith Show! Billy Bob claims to be the number one fan of the show, but alas, he can be no better than number two!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug,

You cannot go wrong with Mayberry. I was lucky enough to have gone to Ron Howard's wedding. I knew the bride, Cheryl. I was sitting in front of Andy Griffith and Don Knots and just behind Henry Fonda. Boy was I out of my league.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
I was lucky enough to have gone to Ron Howard's wedding. I knew the bride, Cheryl.

You know Cheryl!?

Let's talk.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah? Well, after a gig in Monterey yesterday,
Paul Simon walked right past me! And he didn't even notice me! So there!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! The proximity of it all.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once again, Braling II and biblane1 prove that it is necessary to keep a roll of paper towel next to the monitor at all times.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
Philnic, who would name their child Billy Bob? And I would bet a dollar to a donut that you would never find that name amongst Englsih children. Am I right?

And how many Americans are named Nigel?

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have a very valid point!

posted Hide Post
After we posted our little Pre-Release Review, the staff went out to see the film. It's a bit cheesy and unbelievable...but still good.

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post