Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Somehow....
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Somehow....
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I was only saying that he has a right to his own opinion, but this thread has become far too nasty. I'm out. I'm back to my original motto--Bradbury and only Bradbury. And to change the subject: After a long hiatus (not my choice), I will get to teach "The Martian Chronicles" again this spring. I can't wait!! I feel like I'm coming home again!

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lmskipper,

I thought that was out of character for you.

I hope you have fun in class with MC and let us know how that goes.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lmskipper:

See, here we go. Just what are the boundaries for censorship? Nastiness?

No matter how you want to cut it, free speech is not freedom to excess. The closet is open. By that I mean, you get all sorts of opinions on everything. Look what happened to Will Smith's wife last week, Jada Pinkett Smith, when she spoke her mind at Harvard. She is now accused by gays as being heteronormative, that is, supporting a straight life.

If there are no guidelines and/or moral framework, then everything eventually turns into a morass of babble and goo. If left unchecked, a small minority people would get exactly what they want...chaos.

Either this board turn into a disciplined forum to honor a great writer, or it bobbles in grim grit and ground-up dirt to satisfy the screamers who think they are being pinched out of speaking their mind.

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 03-06-2005).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does this reach the temperature of 451F?
Has he been Exiled?
Or simply Ushered out?
http://www.forbes.com/business/feeds/ap/2006/02/26/ap2553952.html

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty clever there, Butch!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My God! Are you people mad! This is the Ray Brandenburry site for selling cell phones. I don't know who this writer guy thinks he is, but all of you are interrupting an important overseas sale I have going with M. Munigant with the help of v.p. Gickman. So all of you need to go to the correct website or I will report this blatant disregard for protocol to the mediator of this site Dandruff and hopefully she will fry you! It will be a pleasure to watch you burn.

I just came to in front of my monitor, I must have blacked out for a while. Did I really write all this out loud? As can be seen by my midnight(no matter the real time) excursions, I am dangerously undermedicated. The residual toxins left in my body after a life of extreme experimentation with mind altering substances not remotely related to moderation, leads me to at times act inappropriately to say the least. Much like a mental burp or hiccup. I am in no way derailing Dandelion's selfless moderating job in the above jest. She's numero uno in my books! If she had a p.o. or something, I would gladly contribute monthly to be in this club, and ensure her continuing supervision and helpful knowledge at these great sites.

[This message has been edited by Robot Lincoln (edited 03-08-2006).]

[This message has been edited by Robot Lincoln (edited 03-09-2006).]

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And it�s a grand mess we have now. Just one more reason not to be sippin� the coffee while takin� a squint at this stuff.

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bad robot, or good robot?

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure...

by the way, Chapter, I would install a splash guard on your p.c., either that or stand waay back and type.

[This message has been edited by Robot Lincoln (edited 03-10-2006).]

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post