This message has been edited. Last edited by: zb56,

Posts: 11 | Registered: 23 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zb56:
WORD TO LEARN: RESPECT

The word of the day!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Respect is a good word. Thankyou, zb56, for setting out some wise advice.

I defence of dandelion, she is head moderator here. This means it is her right and responsibility to keep the board tidy and running smoothly. It just so happens that some people (me included!) posted material in a highly specific thread that had nothing to do with the thread. Nobody should take that personally. (My post was moved, too.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the matter of "the right to an opinion", I like Harlan Ellison's modification of this idea. He says you are NOT entitled to your opinion; you are entitled to your INFORMED opinion.

In other words, only voice an opinion if you know what you are talking about!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
In defence of dandelion, she is head moderator here. This means it is her right and responsibility to keep the board tidy and running smoothly. It just so happens that some people (me included!) posted material in a highly specific thread that had nothing to do with the thread. Nobody should take that personally. (My post was moved, too.)

It's actually my JOB to check all posts on all threads to make sure they don't contain anything they shouldn't, which I do all that and more for free and have done for over ten years. I don't get paid half enough! On the contrary, it is not anyone else's JOB to post off-topic on a thread reserved for a very specific subject, and to so deliberately after being asked not to is provoking and hostile (and I am not talking about the first three who posted on the thread, Phil included, to make that clear.)

As for who's being attacked, the worst of the slanderous remarks directed at me were removed as soon as I saw them. I don't know who else saw them but the gist of them were repeated to the teacher.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Then you might want to check here.

I noticed this nonsensical new thread which really has nothing to do with anything. Far too many new threads being started which could (and should) be placed in existing threads (or not placed at all!)

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Then you might want to check here.

I noticed this nonsensical new thread which really has nothing to do with anything. Far too many new threads being started which could (and should) be placed in existing threads (or not placed at all!)

Noticed and deleted, but something fairly Twilight Zonish is going on here. Less than three hours ago all these Connellsville threads were gone--that was the only one I saw. Now most or all of them are back.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Noticed and deleted, but something fairly Twilight Zonish is going on here. Less than three hours ago all these Connellsville threads were gone--that was the only one I saw. Now most or all of them are back.

It's a regular Ray Bradbury! Hehehe!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Hehehe is a good word.

"Live Forever!"