Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Eternal Autumn

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eternal Autumn
 Login/Join

posted
I cannot describe the stirring within me when I recall reading "Something Wicked" in the autumn of my 9th year. Since that time, I anticipate and await impatiently every autumn...especially October. It's a curious thing that Bradbury's writings has created in me; something that, at the thought of a dark, smoky October evening, when the leaves are stirred just right, evokes senses of eagerness, fear, excitement, and anticipation that somewhere--just ahead, or around a corner--something wonderful is coming. How's that for a run-on sentence?

Posts: 20 | Location: Springfield, Missouri, USA | Registered: 12 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I N K L I N G:::

Have you read Halloween Tree? All about October and all the stuff of Halloween, of course. Not exactly "Something Wicked This Way Comes". (Since the title is taken from a line of Shakespeare, would that make Ray's name, Bardbury?) They made an animated version of "Halloween Tree" that Ray actually really liked.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Halloween Tree is a good read. You might also check out a great little horror story Bradbury wrote called, "The October Game". I have it in "The Collected Stories of Ray Bradbury". Quietly chilling.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post