Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Ray inspired tattoos?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray inspired tattoos?
 Login/Join

posted
deleted

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HKGK,

Posts: 6 | Registered: 02 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That thread also mentions the young man who had the "Long After Midnight" cover art permanently etched on his back: https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6791...091041011#7091041011

BY ALL MEANS TELL RAY! HE WILL LOVE IT!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(*groan*)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
*groan*?

How 'bout YIKES!?

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We don't post his address here but it's out there. I'll draw this thread to the attention of someone in the know and he WILL learn of it!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. What would that be like, to run into Ray Bradbury having a cup of coffee in a diner someplace? “Hey, bud, pass the salt wouldyuh.”

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The tattoo is a nice dedication to Ray. Good art there... Smiler

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Word is on its way and he will know of it soon.

posted Hide Post
Hello! I have a tattoo that says "Montag", an obvious tribute to the protagonist of Fahrenheit 451. I had planned to get the fireman from the cover on the left side of my mid-back whenever money permitted. I'm glad to see that yours turned out so well, and I'm glad that others are getting literary tattoos inspired by Ray Bradbury.

I applaud your tattoo (and you for getting it!)

Montag Lives

Posts: 23 | Location: Nashville, IL | Registered: 10 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is my humble idea for a tattoo commemorating the book 'Fahrenheit 451.'

A small pile of books on fire, with the international 'no' symbol superimposed over the books. Then, along the outside of the circle on the 'no' symbol, the numbers '451.'

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert, neat idea.

Dan, although I would never have a tattoo, they fascinate me. There has been a show on The Learning Channel called Miami Ink about a shop in Miami Beach with five guys and a guy and an apprentice. Perhaps you have seen it. They are soooo good, especially the young lady in doing portraits.

The tattoo that you have is awesome if I may say so myself. Yes, and I am sure that Ray would enjoy seeing it.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great tattoo! I would never get one myself, but if you're gonna do it, do it with class.

-----------------------------

Posts: 32 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware. | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely. An art form in which I wouldn't participate but can still appreciate.

posted Hide Post
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/9401045571

If it works, that should be a link to the message board that has a picture of my "Montag" tattoo. Once I get the other tattoo, I'll post it here as well!

Montag Lives

Posts: 23 | Location: Nashville, IL | Registered: 10 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post