Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Ray inspired tattoos?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray inspired tattoos?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Bot, you're right! I saw several Bot posts with photos and my ocular interface unit misread "Robert" as "Robot". Sorry about that, Chief!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robert M Blevins:
Here is my humble idea for a tattoo commemorating the book 'Fahrenheit 451.'

A small pile of books on fire, with the international 'no' symbol superimposed over the books. Then, along the outside of the circle on the 'no' symbol, the numbers '451.'

I like this idea, although the no symbol will hve to be changed a bit for asthetic reasons, I think I might just make this one of my next pieces. I'll let you know how it goes.

Posts: 86 | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jayne, if I may ask how long have you been doing ink?, and what county do you reside in.
Uncle

Posts: 49 | Location: Ogden, Utah. | Registered: 05 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello all,

I've never posted here but I sometimes visit and read various threads.

I am planning on getting a Fahrenheit 451 inspired tattoo on my leg and will post it here when I can.

I'm planning on becoming an english teacher so it should be interesting if I have the chance to use Fahrenheit 451 as reading material for a class one day.

It is really exciting that Mr. Bradbury may actually get to see it! If any story deserves to have a permanent place on my body, this is it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JustSomeFan,

Posts: 3 | Registered: 09 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
F-451 tattoo on leg...BAD.

F-451 tattoo on arm, where you can pull up your sleeve with ease to display it...GOOD. Cool

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's always shorts!Smiler

I'm wondering now..what other tattoo, besides that awesome cover, could someone get to represent the book?

I'm running through a few ideas before I make my choice but I am leaning towards just getting the cover and maybe some houses burning in the background.

Anyone have ideas for me?

Posts: 3 | Registered: 09 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a new poster here, dropping by to share my Fahrenheit 451 tattoo.

It's the same design as Dan Helfers', which I've been itching to get for more than a year now. Mine is upside down, by general tattoo standards (the head toward my wrist rather than toward my elbow), but it's always right-side up when I look down at my arm, and that's what matters.

On an interesting side note, my tattoo artist (Dennis at High Voltage Tattoo) said he's seen a number of these tattoos through the years, though mine was the first he did himself.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mr_october,

Posts: 2 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 09 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr_october:
...which I've been itching to get for more than a year now.

Pun intended?

Welcome!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pun very much intended. Only those who have tattoos can understand how badly fresh ink itches.

Thanks for the welcome!

Posts: 2 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 09 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome, new member! Thanks for the great contribution!

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post