Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    It's The Little Things.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's The Little Things.
 Login/Join

posted
Hello Everybody I'm New To All Of This So Please Excuse Me But Let Me Know If I Break Any Clubhouse Rules. It Rained Today In California. I Did Not Run From It. I Stood There, Tilted My Head Back, Opened My Mouth And Tasted The Rain. Sweet, Sweet Rain.
Thank You Ray Bradbury.
When My Sons Are With Me And It's Raining,
There's Three Of Us Standing There, Heads
Back, Mouths Open. Oh, The Looks We Get.
Thank You Ray Bradbury.
And These Boys Of Mine... They Smell Just Like That Boy With The Grass Stains In Dandelion Wine.
Thank You Ray Bradbury.
Maybe The Rain Washes Some Of That Smell Away. I Hope It Doesn't.
Thank You Ray Bradbury.

Posts: 42 | Location: SACRAMENTO, CA. U.S.A. | Registered: 27 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard, Raintaster! Which of Ray's books have you enjoyed? And are your sons old enough to read him too?

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOO-HOO, My First Post, My First Reply, And My First Reply To A Reply. Threeply? At Twelve I Read My First Bradbury Book, Something Wicked, And It Will Always Have A Special Place In My Heart. Then Came The Illustrated Man, With Stories Such As The Veldt, Marionettes Inc. And The Long Rain, Which In My Mind Elevated Bradbury To The Status Of "The Measuring Stick". Followed That Up With Farenheit 451, My Favorite Book. The Rain Tasting Thing Obviously Stuck. My Sons Aren't Really Old Enough To Read Bradbury, So I Read Him To Them. They Seem To Like Most Of It, But It's Hard To Tell With Kids. The Bradbury Banner Is Always On Display Here, So Hopefully They'll Read Him One Day. The World Would Be A Better Place If Everone Read Bradbury. His Respect For Humanity Can't Help But Rub Off On The Reader.

Posts: 42 | Location: SACRAMENTO, CA. U.S.A. | Registered: 27 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post