Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Complaints against Michael Moore
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Complaints against Michael Moore
 Login/Join

posted
For all of those that have posted on this entire board about the conflict about Ray Bradbury and Michael Moore should stop arguing. I agree with the people that say Ray Bradbury has the right to say things about how he feels and what he wants done because it is his life. I also agree with the people that say Ray Bradbury has no right to say that the title belongs to him. I just have to say a few words about it all. There is a little spot on the Bill of Rights that says a couple words titled freedom of speech. Michael Moore took advantage of the word fahrenheit because what else is he going to say? Temperature 9/11, Celsius 9/11, 2 buildings were blown up 9/11. The past is the past and free speech is free speech. If Ray Bradbury and Michale Moore want to say their own things about the titles then let them be.

Posts: 4 | Location: lemont, IL. USA | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I totaly aggree wtih you...I don't understand why people are fighting over this issue. I mean, people these days take things way too personal and out of control. Lately it seems to me that people have been taking things out of context and such. I think people should just cool down a bit and be more open to others thoughts and opinions.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 23 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think we've pretty much stopped fighting about it here. I support moving on and getting back to Bradbury's literature, etc.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also report going back to Bradbury's wonderful novels and stories but we have to face the truth. As long as there is a known movie called Fahrenheit 9/11, there will always be someone that does not like the idea and will find some reason to complain about it. I agree with the way Ice said his thoughts. I don't undertand why there is so little responses to what he said. Everytime I look there are other topics about Moore and how he shouldn't have done that. Yet, there is no reason to blame someone unless they actually deserve it, which i believe Moore does not. The reason of movies and novels is to let people publish their thoughts and creative ideas in an orderly way. If there was no copying off of anything then we wouldn't have as many novels and movies as we do. If you look carefully you can see some sort of resemblence, even if it's very small, in nearly every movie/novel that is in the same genre.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 06 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bianca:
I totaly aggree wtih you...I don't understand why people are fighting over this issue. I mean, people these days take things way too personal and out of control. Lately it seems to me that people have been taking things out of context and such. I think people should just cool down a bit and be more open to others thoughts and opinions.

Yeah!! I hate it when people like DISCUSS things and ARGUE points.....its all so stupid...lets all just agree to watch the same things, have the same view points and believe that we live in a safe little world with no problems...

.................God o' <br />Thunder...........

Posts: 70 | Location: US | Registered: 08 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thormachine. I see you're back. And, once again, nothing to say about Bradbury and/or his works.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, I have a complaint against Michael Moore, having just read that he refuses to submit his little tirade for consideration for an Academy Award for best documentary--he's going straight for the "big one"--BEST PICTURE! He's not only a pig, he's an arrogant ass of a pig at that!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be very surprised if he actually won best picture for that poor excuse of propaganda.

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why Dandy! Mi$ter Moore'$ motivation$ are purely arti$tic. I am not $ure if you are a fan of hi$ or not by your po$t.
--------------------------
RB will live forever. MM-Who?

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well $aid

Posts: 257 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too many spelling mistakes - there appears to be some problem with the letter "S" in the above posts. Of both posters. Strange.
Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$u�h thing$ �an be �au$ed by the like$ of Mi$ter Mi�hael Moore!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when I read post$ fjpalumbo patra$k and dandy, I ju$t bur$t out laughing. that i$ hilariou$. I $hall join in on the fun.

Posts: 38 | Location: kenova WV USA | Registered: 11 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You mean to say he sends some sort of mental retardation waves that cause people to spell things erroneously? Such power!
Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ye$ that$ what im $aying, only mentally retarded people believe what he $ays to be true.

Posts: 38 | Location: kenova WV USA | Registered: 11 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post