Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Message from the Lonely One
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Message from the Lonely One
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Here we go again!
I did say this guy's first post was clever. Anyone with aspirations to write will naturally find Mr. Bradbury an inspiration and should find encouragement, ideas, and even constructive criticism on this board.
The only thing that irked me in his reply to my reply was his misspelling of "self-righteous" and "pompous".

By the way, just finished reading "Something Wicked" (4th time?) and am amazed each time I read it by Mr. B's mastery of the English language. He can say in a few perfectly-chosen words what would necessitate pages in the hands of many other authors.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes a careful and clever "miss-spell'in" can be just the ticket to "git" a bunch of crows "div'in fer yer" ball "a" tin foil... MixedSignals46

Posts: 28 | Location: Beach Park, Il. U.S.A. | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh my God! Somebody throw water on this folder! It's on fire with "critisisum." Hee- hee- hee- He mis-spelled critisisum...

Posts: 28 | Location: Beach Park, Il. U.S.A. | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mixedsignals,u r very wierd!talented,but wierd!lol

Posts: 4 | Location: chicago hights,I.L, u.s.a | Registered: 17 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that I made a comment somewhere (don't really remember which thread) about Ray's ability to have a sentence--fifty words long--that just flows and brings you right along with the thought. That, I believe, is real talent, and a product of his writing every day. The old saying that practice makes perfect might very well come into play here regarding Ray's writing abilities.

Ray was a big influence on Richard Bach, author of Jonathan Livingston Seagull, and about 11 other fine works. Richard, once a neighbor many years ago, always told me to write 2,000 words a day "to get the driftwood out." I think that there is a lot to be said about this suggestion.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post