Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Fahrenheit 911
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fahrenheit 911
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I think Ray should be supported in this. He created the title, not Michael Moore, regardless of the legalities. Moore is morally wrong. Moore should admit his mistake and make the correction now, regardless of how expensive or late in the day it is. It would certainly show us that he is sincere in his "homage".

Posts: 1 | Location: Sebastopol, CA, USA | Registered: 19 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read Fahrenheit 451 in high school (a long time ago). Its' impression stays with me to this day - a cautionary tale of what could happen should we choose to allow a government (or corporate conglomerations) too much power over our lives.

The first thought I had when I saw Mr. Moore's title for his new movie was "Brilliant!� As a historical reference, it captures a wealth of thought, opinion and belief in one simple phrase.

The course that the current US government, �led� by George W. Bush, is taking has the potential to lead this country into the world of Mr. Bradbury�s Fahrenheit 451 (The US Patriot Act; funding of faith-based (read Christian) organizations, etc.). Michael Moore�s new movie could be seen as taking a stand against this slide.

Mr. Bradbury should be honored � not offended. This very public disagreement makes him look like a small man - a money and ego-hoarding miser � instead of a man of vision and genuine concern for the future of his society. Mr. Bradbury should just let the whole thing drop � after all he�ll make more than enough money when his reprint comes out.

Posts: 1 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA | Registered: 19 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apologies for any instances of hate speech or other inappropriate language I may have failed to catch. I can't keep up with it all!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion
ptteran
Mr. Dark
Cooger & Dark
Patrick
celestial

...and a faithful list of others...

This board has suddenly been swarmed by a bunch of bees looking to sting. And these bees want nothing better to do than
make a big buggy noise.

None of these posters will be around in a month. We know that! Because they don't care about Mr. Bradbury... and they don't care that that they don't care...

If I could, I wouldn't censor any of them. Gosh no! But I would certainly 'screen' them...into a seperate 'envelope' marked...

'''nasties'''

...available to anyone who wishes to have their face slapped by boorish comments....

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think pterran suggested that a pro-Moore site has set this up, suggesting people swarm the Bradbury site with protest. It is the only explanation for why so many had suddenly attacked RB using all the same arguements, all in the same timeframe. Interestingly, almost all of them are arguing issues Bradbury never asserted -- such as owning the copyrights to the word "Farenheit".

Sheep. And not in the good, NT sense.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
. . . . . CYBER -ASSAULT ON . . . .
. . . . . THE BRADBURY SITE . . . .

����� 6/12 �����

Adverse Postings Swarm on Cue

Moderator Overwhelmed

Attacks come all at once. Who would've thought this could happen HERE ?!!!

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tired...arm...so much...scrubbing.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't clean. These posts are not dirty. they represent reasonable voices. They are not verbally offensive. They are not "Bigbobs". In this instance, it would be censorship.

Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir Brad for pointing out what a piece of trash 9/11 is. Didn't have any class or ability, had to even steal the title. God what a little fat grunt he is. Bowling for Columbine missed the whole thing as well. I love that he is a USA citizen so that he can say what he wants, and I love that I am a USA citizen so I can say with equal autority that he's bunk. Go Brad, I say change the name of fat boy's movie or pay brad 10000000$. Since fat boy can only get the french to like his movies I wish him luck. I mean the french are rich right? LOL

Posts: 4 | Location: Durham, NC, USA | Registered: 20 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
aoakeley,
Thank you for your eloquent response. You've just made it harder for anyone to defend Bradbury to those who oppose his dissatisfaction with Moore.

Posts: 130 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oh and for the record, thanks Maggie Flags at half staff for her please. In death comes eternity. We all miss you, thanks for sharing.

Posts: 4 | Location: Durham, NC, USA | Registered: 20 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do apologize for stating the obvious regarding Moore, but I was wondering about the flagrant title stealing. I am happy that Mr Bradbury and co pointed out that Moore is stealing, because trash like that should be denounced for the trash it is. I mean really, film of dying people? Isn't that what orgish.com is for? Art my arse I'm all for a reasonable discussion about the evils of the bush empire, but to elevate pain and suffering to the level of cannes is just trashy. Sory just my opinion. :P

posted Hide Post
Sorry I forgot, that was the French film festivle huh? Trash is as trash does.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aoakeley:
Sorry I forgot, that was the French film festivle huh? Trash is as trash does.

Congratulations to Ray. This is a good representative of his brand new fan base.

Posts: 20 | Registered: 20 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And my point is proven.

Posts: 130 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post