Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Fahrenheit 911
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fahrenheit 911
 Login/Join

posted
Did anyone else read Bradbury's comments regarding Michael Moore in some Swedish interview? If the translation is correct, it is VERY disappointing to see RB be so out to lunch as to say the French gave Moore the Palme d'Or because they hate Americans (2 of the 3 judges were American, you old coot), and that no one is going to see the film anyway. Crazy! I love Ray Bradbury, and was crestfallen to see him make such an ass of himself. Sure, there might be an argument for copyright infringement, but relax, Ray, and let this important documentary do some good for the world. Sheesh!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 09 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There really isn't any other reason for the movie to be so well-received, though. Bowling For Columbine was the same way- nothing special unless you like to hear certain things. And there are plenty of anti-Americans in America now, probably more than there ever have been.

Posts: 5 | Location: rockford, il, usa | Registered: 01 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure about that, as I wasn't around in the 1950s and don't remember the 1960s.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, but there are many anti americans here and now. I for one will not be watching the movie, and not just because of the title. I simply don't think I could sit through another M. Moore flick. I had to watch a few in a sociology class last fall (our teacher loved him) and I'm simply pooped out!

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They're just not good movies. Even some liberal friends of mine were offended and disgusted at the lack of rational and intellectual thought- it's just film designed to make you sit there and unquestioningly take it in.

Posts: 5 | Location: rockford, il, usa | Registered: 01 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What do you mean anti-american feeling?
I am non-American, but I got to love US a little bit more since I know somebody like Michael Moore is still there.
Do not mix anti-Bush and anti-America

Posts: 1 | Registered: 10 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You tell them, Canary. But watch out. You'll feel like don Quxote very soon. Search out a bit and see what the discussion looked like when I fought the matter.

Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haha! Oh translator, you're so funny! We have nothing personal against you, okay?

Canary Alarm,
Welcome to the site. Please visit the "Who are you?" thread (under resources, I think) to tell a little about yourself, especially where your name comes from. A mining reference, no? What country are you from then?

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everyone who hasn't yet...please weigh in under the "Where Y'All From?" thread under "Ray's Legacy."

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well...I just got so pissed off at Ray...I don�t know any of his work,but to say that Michael Moore stole his title is just plain ludicrous!I am not at all anti-american at all,there is lotsa things I love about americans,I am from Denmark,but have american family in NY.I saw bowling for columbine and I can�t understand that some say that documentary didn�t matter?!
It is good to have some to make you see what CNN doesn�t show you!I am looking forward to see fahrenheit 9/11 and to say that nobody is gonna see it is just stupid!
Bush is a very stupid and totally arrogant president and your beautyful country deserves a better leader.
I am sure that Bush will get a big kick in his fat ass out of the white house and America will wake up and take responsibility
for their foreign policies!
9/11 happend for a reason!
Terror is horrible,my dad is from Israel,but just don�t think that USA don�t have blood on her hands!

Posts: 21 | Registered: 14 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gee, just as soon as we find out all those little stupid things in Michaels life, let's beat up Michael. We can tear apart all his grand accomplishments and ridicule how he tried to do great things.
Wow! I can hardly wait...

And even if I don't know who Michael is, I am so pissed off about him already !!

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Groon,
I know you've all nothing against me; I don't take anything personally. It was just a little bit of advice for a newcomer here.

Nard,
that comment was a bit below you...

Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Translator:

It's my style of satire. At least this morning...

When someone who doesn't even read Bradbury, like it was stated, starts throwing all this stuff around, then...good grief !!

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
9/11 happened because a bunch of morons felt they had the right and religious duty to murder innocent people. It's a simple as that. It was in planning LONG before Bush came into office, so at least be reasonable.

"nuff said".

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark,

Exactly, except "morons" is, of course, too good a word...by far.

Michael,

A woman from my church was killed when the airplane hit the Pentagon, and four of my father-in-law's good friends were killed in the World Trade Center just minutes before. When I was teaching, a child was called out of a classroom down the hall...His father was killed in the first tower. I stayed in the Millennium Hilton, in the shadow of the twin towers, less than a month before 9/11. But my own experiences matter little...I'm merely illustrating that for us, this was a horror close to home, so perhaps we understand it better than you. But it doesn't matter if you knew the victims or not. What happened was simply horrible, and your crass and oversimplified view of what happened is offensive to the victims' memories and to the collective grief of the United States.

You lack empathy. Worse, you have the gall (to put it lightly) to blame the innocent victims -- the equalivent of blaming the Jews for the Holocaust.

Please become more informed before you again shoot your mouth off about what you don't understand -- in this case, the innocent dead.

Cooger&Dark

[This message has been edited by Cooger&Dark (edited 06-14-2004).]

Posts: 26 | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post