Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Simply Waiting on a Watermelon...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Simply Waiting on a Watermelon...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
They ain't beefsteaks!

Oh yes they are!

Imagetn_Waiting_on_a_tomato_002.jpg (40 Kb, 14 downloads)

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now just a gosh-darn minute, tinkerbell. That there beefsteak to-may-doh looks suspiciously disconnected from that there to-may-doh vine. You wouldn't be trying to fool these good folks, would ya?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerbell:
quote:
They ain't beefsteaks!

Oh yes they are!

Thanks for putting a smile on this old dog's face!

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Now just a gosh-darn minute, tinkerbell. That there beefsteak to-may-doh looks suspiciously disconnected from that there to-may-doh vine. You wouldn't be trying to fool these good folks, would ya?

No flies on you, Clouseau!

That has got to be the phoniest accent I ever done heard.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well lawks-a-mercy and heavens to murgatroyd, this ain't no phony accent. You done heard some strange things.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Mog the Dog here, contemplating the state of affairs in the watermelon patch in the final hours of a 33-day wait.

I'm going to guess that my watermelon weighs 12 pounds, 12 ounces and contains precisely 186 seeds. No special meaning attached to the numbers, just a simple guess.

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MogtheDog:
Hi Fido the Dog. Mog the Dog here.

I did see your "waiting on a tomato" picture last week, but I've not seen any updates. Those little cuties must have grown to the size of a chicken egg or bigger by now, huh?

Hi Mog ~

I'd say quails' eggs would be nearer the mark. Blame it on the weather. It's been raining cats and dogs for weeks and Fido's taken to brandishing a brolly.

Don't be fooled by that rictus of a grin. He's not a happy chappy!

ImageWaiting_on_a_tomato_009_1.jpg (189 Kb, 7 downloads)

posted Hide Post
quote:

Hi Mog ~

Ah, yes. The eternal factory smile. I, myself, bore a perpetually visible red felt tongue until it fell off somewhere in San Francisco in '71.

On the subject of tomatoes, I've endured similar struggles though not due to rain. We've had but a few drops all summer. As a result, I've ended up with a basket full of boot leather skinned golf balls for tomatoes.

MTD

posted Hide Post
MogTheDog, I am writing this at 10:40 AM Florida time on 8-21-2008. I will get off to see if you see this post as sometimes it is almost like Instant Messaging.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mog the Dog here, biplane1. I see your post. I'm curious. Why do you have to get off to see if I can see your post?

posted Hide Post
MTD, did I ever drop the ball. Not only did I leave the web site, I forgot to return until just now, which is 1:50 PM Florida Time.

For some reason I always thought that for the responses to register on the site, you couldn't actively be on it. Naive that I must be. Anyway, I was taking a short break from work when I previously posted and I doubt that you are even on anymore-most likely out checking the growth of that pumpkin, wait a minute I think that it was a melon, water at that, hey, with a chronometer!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's a lovely garden you've got there, Ms Bell. I say, that a lovely garden you've got there.

And so green! It must rain occasionally in UK, no?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
MogTheDog, I am writing this at 10:40 AM Florida time on 8-21-2008. I will get off to see if you see this post as sometimes it is almost like Instant Messaging.

Michael is fascinated by technology.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1 & MogtheDog

You said get off.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1 & MogtheDog

You said get off.

biplane1 said it first!