Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Simply Waiting on a Watermelon...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Simply Waiting on a Watermelon...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Tinkerbell, so your hospitalisation was the result of a rash decision?

Tinkerbell...playing in Peter Pan... Ah, of course! Captain Hook!

Don't be frivolous, philnic! I'm the crocodile. Tick-tick-tick-tick ...

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey! That's my line!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just checking you were awake, old bean. That should, of course, have read: 'tick-tock'.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I wonder if Tinkerbell's Fido has found his way into such a polytunnel melon patch!

Indeed, MogtheDog!

Fido is busy harvesting melons as I write. Photos to follow ...

Imagetn_Melons_December_11_005.jpg (40 Kb, 11 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Oh! And here's Hamish guarding the tomato crop...

Imagetn_Melons_December_11_007.jpg (25 Kb, 12 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Hamish is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mog the Dog here.

Those are some fine melons you've found there, Fido. And what a fine job Hamish is doing there as well. Heh...heh...heh...

No need to hire a guard for the tomato crop in this neck-o-the-frozen woods. My tomato plants were all wiped out a few days ago by our first cold snap and now they smell funky.

MTD

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're buried under three feet of snow and expecting more.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're travelling to Switzerland this afternoon and hoping for LOTS of snow!

Have yourselves a merry little Christmas!

- Tink

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerbell:
We're travelling to Switzerland this afternoon...

If I may trot out a cliché, must be nice!

(isn't "trot out" also a cliché?)

Travelling is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"You know what the fellow said — in Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace — and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

- Orson Welles in The Third Man

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

No small accomplishment the cuckoo clock! And they also produced that good chocolate, did they not?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Phil, one of the great scenes from one of the great actors in one of the great films!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since I have recently retired, and upon the suggestion of my wife, I took off on a three week road trip to Iowa, Minnesota, and Iowa again. It had been seven and a half years since I had experienced the nip of cold weather, ice and snow and I know now why I love living in Florida.

Leaving Minnesota a week and a couple of days ago I kept on the leading edge of cold weather,
watching the temperature drop 12 degrees in about 20 minutes on the thermometer my dad has in his kitchen window. I had just escaped blizzard conditions in Minnesota and as the themps were falling in Ottumwa, Iowa I threw my stuff in my car and took off for St. Louis and beyond. Driving through torrential rain and I kept on and ended up staying the night in Padukah, Kentucky.

Colder temps were forecast for the area the next afternoon and when I woke the next morning at 4:00 AM to use the bathroom it was raining and so I threw my stuff in the car and took off again ahead of the plummeting temps.

I roared through Nashville, had a bite to eat in Chatanooga and stayed the night in Valdosta, Georgia. With warmer weather I rolled into Sunrise at 12:01 PM so thankful of warm weather, elongated and elevated toilets, and, of course, my wife.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
...and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

No small accomplishment the cuckoo clock! And they also produced that good chocolate, did they not?

Not to mention cheese fondue.

Ein frohes neues Jahr!