Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Proud to be a new member

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Proud to be a new member
 Login/Join

posted
I remember the first book by Ray Bradbury that I ever read. It was titled R is for rocket. It took me far away to distant planets, and then dropped me off (somewhat dizzy) back on earth again, after a series of adventures that I will never forget. Thank you Ray Bradbury for all the great excursions of the mind you've taken me along on, as we explored some of the many regions of your imagination. You are my favorite sci-fi author, and I feel a very close bond with your work. Forever a fan, BrainSparks

*#*#*#*#*#*#* BrainSparks

Posts: 50 | Location: Greenville, Illinois America | Registered: 13 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All conscious life has a first memory of being, buried deep within itself. Some humans experience multiple life recall, while others are first time events. It's believed the latter has a harder time surviving life.

Imprinted deep within my mind, is a vague recollection of falling from a cloud,then through space and time. The universe sparkled all around me, with the radiance of infinint bright stars and planets.

Faster I fell toward a place, or maybe just a thought surely not my own. Very deep and powerful emotions existed there. Feelings of tremendous pain paralleled by a sense of great joy. The sad thought of one's finality, mixed with the fear of lonelyness, and unknown eternity.

Other minds surrounded anothers while racing thoughts of panic being projected by an awareness that its life was winding down toward the end. Still, yet anothers mind, grasp to reason with the human feeling of extreme love, mixed with the undeniable dread; of that love soon to be lost forever

Further I fell down, and down, and down. Suddenly a very bright light appeared, followed by blurred faces. Then, as if the very coheasion of the universe depended on all this; there was crying, warmth, love, and the breath of life embracing me in an explosion of reality.

Thank you Ray Bradbury for giving me the courage to have vision. BrainSparks

Posts: 50 | Location: Greenville, Illinois America | Registered: 13 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BrainSparks,

I love the name.

The words are nice too.

If you ignore this troll he will find another bridge to lurk under. Let him go.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brainsparks--I also like your screen name and your writing. Keep up the good work, and always ignore the trolls.

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your moral support. I love to write, and do so everyday. I have many stories written and a few poems, but I don't know how to get them published. I just finished a long novel that is like a collision of The Grapes of Wrath, Neighbors,and Dandelion Wine. Imagine that, Stienbeck, Burger, and Bradbury all together. LOL. There's alot of people and places in me scratching to get out.My biggest fear is that I won't live long enough to see them all brought to life and published. I have advanced HepC, and find myself very ill most of the time. The good thing is, I have always "sang the body electric", and my children will continue too, long after I'm gone.

*#*#*#*#*#*#*
BrainSparks

posted Hide Post
BrainSparks, have you a copy of Mr. Bradbury's "Zen in the Art of Writing"?
RB gives reference in this collection to the classic Eastern text "Zen In The Art of Archery" (c. 1953), by author Eugen Herrigel. For me, each has been an inspiration (not only in a three year project recently completed, but life in general). If not already familiar with them, I think you would find their contents very worthwhile reading.

Writing daily for 65 year, RB's life is that of a literary Zen Master. So, as for getting your works published, each day offers a possibility. There are many magazines and publishing companies willing to give individuals that first "in print." I say, "Go for it!" A positive response awaits.

Your imagery in the text above is quite profound. Be well!

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 02-15-2005).]

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MixedSignals46:

No disrespect, but I thought that you had requested Dandelion to remove your obtuse posts and also to obliviate your registration.

Instead, we see you lambasting a new member who wishes to express their thoughts in a positive fashion, albeit a few misspellings or whatever. MixedSignals46--cool it--why the anger?

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi brainsparks!hi everyone!please go easy on me when i write stories and stuff on here.i am brand new to writing and i do not know alot about it.

ps.orginized confusion,love urwriting!lot of detale

Posts: 4 | Location: chicago hights,I.L, u.s.a | Registered: 17 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's amazing what a little holy water tossed under a bridge will do to eradicate a troll.

Brainsparks creates a welcome addition to the board!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post