Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Ray's Title

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray's Title
 Login/Join

posted
It's rather interesting to read these posts. I find it amusing that there are so many people bashing this fine author for not allowing another person to take his work and apply it to something he does not support. It really doesn't matter if you like his reasons or not. It really doesn't matter if you support his decision or not. The simple fact of the matter is he doesn't want his work associated with Mr. Moore's film. His reasons are his own and shouldn't even concern us. It's his brain child and he should be allowed the proper courtesy of saying who can use his work and who can't. Mr. Moore claims he is honoring Mr. Bradbury but I must protest that claim on these grounds: If you call someone and ask permission to use their work and they say "no" but you use it anyway you are not treating them honorably at all. As for Mr. Moore's stating that his work was too far down the road to change the title now...perhaps he should have contacted Mr. Bradbury when the film was in its infancy.

Posts: 2 | Location: Jacksonville | Registered: 22 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I should apologize. I am rather new to this site and I hit the "Add New Post" button instead of "Add Reply." This really should have been under a different heading and I sincerely apologize for putting up a rather redundant post.

Posts: 2 | Location: Jacksonville | Registered: 22 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with your initial post whole-heartedly. It's a well-expressed opinion that makes a great deal of sense. Well done.

And welcome aboard.

Posts: 26 | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Spankythehutt
Please visit my "WHO ARE YOU?" thread under the "Resources" category to tell us about how you got your name!

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Groon, I wondered that, too, but was afraid to ask.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is not the same title, are you saying no one can ever name a work Fahrenheit anything ever again just because RB WROTE A BOOK?

Posts: 5 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: 26 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, not forever. The law clearly states 75 years after RB's dead. Plain and simple.

Posts: 102 | Location: El Paso, TX. USA | Registered: 04 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't the real issue about Hollywood and the way it plagerizes a previous artist work without giving the artist some form of credit financial or otherwise? For example remember the fight Harlan Ellison had over the "Terminator" and his original stories "Soldier" and "Demon With A Glass Hand".The same thing is about to happen
with the film "Collateral" soon to be released.
It is obviously based on the 1970 TV movie "Night Chase".Will the writer of that film get any credit?I don't think so!

TN

Posts: 16 | Location: LA,CA,USA | Registered: 25 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let these possums put their nose into the Hollywood business wheel and see how grindings perpetuate a cynical attitude. Novices all, it seems.

When you hear news-caster after news-caster refer to "Fahrenheit 9/11"...as the 'Fahrenheit' movie...you see the problem. It's things like this. Like mentioned before, I heard even someone call Moore's movie 'Fahrenheit 411'. Now maybe they were being funny, but that's only one digit away from 451.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, and will viewers mistake Ray's movie for a sequel to this? (What a laugh, as Ray's true fans wouldn't miss it but it might accidentally draw a lot of Michael Moore fans!)

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post