Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    For people who actually know ray
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For people who actually know ray
 Login/Join

posted
Tell him his sister Charlotte misses him. MY grandma hasnt talked to her brother ray in years, and i read one of his booksi n school recently and i decided i was going to try and get a hold of him for her.Shes really sick and wants to see her brother before she passes. Thank you.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 01 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may have the wrong Ray Bradbury - I wasn't aware Ray has a sister. Am I wrong?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding:

You are right. NO sister exists!

Ray had two brothers, Leonard Jr. (Skip)...and Sam. Sam died around 2 years of age of influenza. Leonard Jr. (Skip) just died a few years ago.

So it's a bogus posting!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think she just fell out of another dimension. That quarter just disappeared into the wall...

(inference taken from a Twilight Zone episode without permission)

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is Charlotte, perhaps, Ray's cousin?

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Her name doesn't show up anywhere in family listings.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only sister, named Elizabeth, was born when Ray was six and died when he was seven. It was extremely traumatic for Ray. He didn't have any brothers and sisters with whom he was not corresponding. He spoke to Skip very shortly before his death and they exchanged expressions of affection which made Skip's passing easier on Ray.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hush, hush, sweet Charlotte!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the off-chance that it IS (following Nard's thought) a bogus/hoax posting, here's an alissa that claims to like Ray Bradbury:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.vi...ile&friendid=6876666

and another that plans/planned on reading F451:

http://www.amazon.com/Books-I-need-to-read/lm/RCKHPKJFMO6JW

(This after browsing the first twenty Google hits for "charlotte alyssa 'ray bradbury'". Ah, the internet.)

Could the whole dying-grandmother story be an elaborate hoax by a fan in order to contact RB? Naaah..

Posts: 48 | Registered: 03 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Could the whole dying-grandmother story be an elaborate hoax by a fan in order to contact RB? Naaah..

Naaah...he's too easily accessible for her to resort to such tactics!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only sister, named Elizabeth, was born when Ray was six and died when he was seven.

I was thinking there might have been a sister who died in infancy but hadn't the time to look it up to verify.

I was almost positive no sister existed today.

Yes - Alyssa is an enigma.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
dandelion:

Thanks for that. I should have known. I'm figuring,"...thought Ray had a sister that died somewheres." Later I looked thru Weller's biography and sure enough all the info you want. By the way, no Charlotte Bradbury listed anywhere in the index to Weller's book.

mycroftholmes:
We have had a few hoaxes lately. Basic reason probably would be the 'fun' of looking at the effects of your throwing a rock (post) into the 'still waters' of the 'board'.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Alyssa is an enigma.

Alyssa, what's up with that!? Enlighten us.

I'm a ripple on the surface of still waters.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
It's odd because you would think that if her request got to Ray, he wouldn't respond anyway, cause he knows he doesn't have a sister, right? Must be some kind of kiddie ploy.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Duuuuuh...

Don't we all feel stupid?

Lol I wouldn't... What's the point of even answering to somebody who nobody knows about?

Even if it's the wrong bradbury, wouldn't you kinda guess the birthday?? (Isn't he 86?)

They don't match with ANY Ray Bradbury that EVEN MIGHT EXIST!!!

Good try though. Smiler

This is life. It sucks. Same with my signature.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 02 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post