Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    free verse . . .. . . . or not.... to life
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 26

Moderators: dandelion, philnic

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
free verse . . .. . . . or not.... to life
 Login/Join

<harvey101blind>
posted
WEAK

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
You could make a rap or something from this one:

At fathead as reproducer. so effusive? It so potherb partita.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
thats a good point . i'll get on it

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
HI ONE & ALL,
HAVEN'T WRITTEN ON HERE FOR NEARLY 2 WEEKS AS WAS TOO ANOYED AT PREVIOUS COMMENTS, AND I WANTED TO REPLY ONCE I'D THOUGHT ABOUT WHY AND WHAT I REALLY WANTED TO SAY, AND WHEN I WAS CALM TOO.!
FIRSTLY, ONCE AGAIN NO ONE'S REALLY SEEMS TO HAVE READ THE CONTENTS OF MY LAST MESSAGE, ALSO HAVE ANYBODY ON THIS SITE(4747 MEMBERS)GOT ANY REAL VIEWS OR ANY BACK- BONE?? OR MAYBE AS HARVEY MADE A STRONG OBSERVATION AND POINT ABOUT THIS STRAND/THREAD BEING LIKE A MIRROR OF THE WAY SOCIETY IS THESE'S DAYS ????? I'D ADD IT'S A BLACK UGLY MIRROR REFLECTING BACK, THE WAY PEOPLE ARE AFFRAID TO SAY WHAT THEY REALLY THINK FOR WHATEVER REASON IT'S A MYSTERY ???
AND AFTER JUST READING FARENHEIT 541, IT JUST CONVINCES ME MORE, THAT THE PARLOUR FAMILY OR FOLKS ARE TAKING OVER,,,WHAT HAPPENED TO ORIGINALITY-PERSONALITY- TO PEOPLE JUST BEING KIND TO ONE ANOTHER! FOR SAKES ...
WHAT I THINK MIGHT BE HAPPENING IS OTHER PEOPLE ARE AFFRAID TO AIR THERE VIEWS BECAUSE;
A)THEY MIGHT BE PUT DOWN AS AN IDIOT OR AS ONE WISE PERSON COMMENTED A FOOL !!!
B)OR BE SHOT DOWN BY THE SUDO INTELLECTUAL (IT CROWD) OR HUH GANG ! THAT DOMINATE THESE PAGES AND WILL IT SEEMS SAY ANYTHING OTHER THAN ANSWER OR COMMENT ON WHAT HAS ORIGINALLY BEEN SAID..COME ON THERE MUST BE OTHERS WHO FEEL THE SAME AS I DO RIGHT NOW ??
EITHER WAY THE IMPRESSION I GET IS ON THIS SITE THE ONE THING WE HAVE IN COMMON IS RAY BRADBURY'S FANTASTIC AND INSPIRATIONAL WORK, AND EVEN THIS ONE THING IS OVER RUN WITH BACK-STABBING,POINT SCORING AND AT TIMES PERSONAL ATTACKING... AND IT REALLY STINKS,, YOU KNOW... WE CAN EVEN SAY WE LOVED IT OR HAVE ONLY JUST READ IT!! AS IF WE SHOULD ALREADY HAVE READ EVER STORY/NOVEL SEVERAL TIMES OR INTERESTINGLY HOW MANY COPIES WE HAVE OF THE SAME BOOK,,,,

ONE THING HARVEY, I READ YOUR POEMS AND READING BETWEEN THE LINES, YOU WRITE SOME DEEP & SOME GOOD STUFF AS WELL BUT BE CAREFUL AND DON'T SELL YER SELF SHORT IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN,,,,,AND WITH THAT I'LL END THIS WITH A POEM......
don't need a mirror to see the lies.........
don't need a mirror to recognise..........
don't need a mirror, need just a window to see the
morning sun-shine.....
just give me silver..shimmering rock pools and sunshine.

be brave, be yourself, be strong, get off the fence
be bright, have insight, explore the stars take flight

in this medioce world, dig deep into your pockets
of consciousnesss.......
don't roll over, or play dead
chose your colours open yor mind
dream colours, streaming sunsets all things can be wonderful if you let them.....

don't need a lantern to light my way,
don't need a book to write an essay
give me the freedom of a bright summer's day...

regards Dave .................

<harvey101blind>
posted
quickly hidden by comments i see ? alls well dave . i meant it this is the mirror and thank u for paying attention . it's been said before but it's good to be said again . all new light dawns insight . "
" but hal ... i cant let you do that hal " hahaha honestly though BIG UPS TO DAVE THE BRAVE , AND HONEST . i once again admire your realness .
" things get lost or stolen or broke along the way , broke , broke along the way . now i've been troubled , and i still am , but i wanna say it's all my memories that let me loose , or keep me sane , and shakespear was right , it's all a play , it's all a stage , hold that tight , while the light is still burning , if only dim and out of sight . if an echoe is fine , then i'll be jimmy stewart and you can be harvey , hold me somewhere away from this insanity , cause we all know psychitrists by there own definitions , not admissions are cli9nicly insane , and play to packed houses where they throw crumbs to starving mouses who need somone to feel there pain....let it rain let it rain , when in eac h mouse beats a universe impossible to converse in words , so squeak says the mouse brave but feable then lies down its head and sighs , while inside it something doies?""""" ... again thanks to the realness of dave .

Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
ok , that 1 time i was walkin on water

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This one really has possibilities:

As wore you cranium. He meditative. He on cutlet.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by harvey101blind:
yay dandelion ... YOU WIN!!!!!!

Hey, enough of the childish name-calling. dandelion is the moderator, and would be perfectly justified in deleting your post.

Perfectly justified and done.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
HELLO TO YOU ALL,
FIRSTLY HAT'S OFF HARVEY FOR YOUR LAST POEM/FREE VERSE IT WAS SPECTACULAL,GREAT SO MANY POWERFUL WORDS ..ESPECIALLY "IT'S ALL A PLAY, IT'S ALL A STAGE,,,THEN I'LL BE JIMMY STEWART,HOLD ME SOMEWHERE AWAY FROM THIS INSANITY,,,,(PSYCHITRISTS)..THEY THROW CRUMBS TO STARVING MICES WHO NEED SOMEONE TO FEEL THEIR PAIN !! WOW, I GUESS WE ALL FEEL PAIN AT SOMETIMES' BUT YOU PUT IT SO WELL LIKE THE WORDS TO ... KWAI CHANG CAINE.. Young Caine tries to do so and fails] the Master Kan replies: "When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave".

AND ALSO TO PHIL & DANDILION , YEAH YOUR RIGHT ENOUGH,OF NAME CALLING ETC,, I TOTALLY AGREE AND THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO SAY .. BUT ALSO THIS COULD EQUALLY BE APPLIED TO FIRSTLY MY COMMENTS,AND THEN TO OTHER MEMBERS REMARKS, AND NOT TO MENTION PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T SPEAK UP AT ALL!! BUT YOU KNOW THIS IS A GOOD SITE IN GENERAL, AND LIFE'S TOO SHORT, SO LET'S NOT SPOIL IT, BUT SHARP AND CRIPTIC WORDS ARE JUST AS MEAN AND ABUSIVE TOO !
AND IN A SMALL LINK BACK TO POETS,FROM US,& L.A HE'S ONE FROM A 20TH CENTURY MASTER OF WORDS...

GIVE US AN HOUR FOR MAGIC BY
JAMES DOUGLAS MORRISON (late of the doors)

Resident mockery
Give us an hour for magic
We of the purple glove
We of the starling flight
& velvet hour
We of arabic pleasure's breed
We of the sundome
& the night
Give us a creed
To believe
A night of lust
Give us trust in
The Night
Give of color
Hundred hues
A rich mandala
For me
& you
& for your silky
Pillowed house
A head, wisdom
& a bed
Troubled decree
Resilent mockery
Has claimed thee
We used to believe
in the good old days
We still recieve
In little ways
The things of Kindness
& unsporting brow
Forget & allow
Did you know freedom exists in a school book
Did you know madmen are running our prison
Within a jail, within a gale
Within a white free protestant
Maelstrom
We're perched headlong
On the edge of boredom
We're reaching for death
On the end of a candle
We're trying for something
That's already found us………………………..finish

AND ON THAT HIGH I BID YOU GOOD NIGHT, SLEEP WELL IN YOUR BEDS TONIGHT ,, CHEERS Dave

<harvey101blind>
posted
thanks dave
"THIS IS THE END!!!" jim m.

"be not afraid" pope j p 2

"i feel the powers pullin on my soul , i feel the sleepers awekning all around me , the cosmic tide is quickening , be brave , be brave , be blind , be sane ."

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone else feel this way?

This topic needs to die.

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
i quite agree ,honestly , actually , i just cant stop . i also picture you looking like c3po though aoki

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm saving my latest couple of spam thread titles for when the urge to post them becomes too irresistible. Someone has to preserve this stuff!

posted Hide Post
hi just a word or two to the wise ? ! ?

I think these threads are important and should stay, and it's actually more a challenge not to ignore it'''''
probably a true reflection on how people are or would admit to, anyway !

and to answer and also quote aoki's comments;

this topic needs to live on, because a dirty mirror can only hope to show the surface dirt - the true image is the one several layers in both directions !!! if the viewer cares to look..to quote
aoki---" If you do not like a thread, you most certainly do not have to read it, or join in on the conversation at hand. Complaining is pointless, and only makes you sound like a meanie."
As Mog and Harvey101Blind have stated, this style of literary form, free-verse, has major relevance to Mr. Bradbury and his works, and you have been ignorant in your understanding of this. Good day, sir."

and----"My original point was to defend Harvey101blind from persecution and attack. He is a very dedicated bradbury fan and lover of his works; a little misguided in his writing but only because he wanted to share some of his personal feelings about the art of literature and writing. "

but further on

---"My verdict: Fool."

"This topic needs to die.
Anyone else feel this way?"

INTERESTING ...HUH !

How easy the penduilum sways...
how high is the fence,
when you can't even dance..
chose one chose then all?
I was blind, now i can see
singing songs like.. oh when the saints come marching in......gonna wait till the midnight hour....get out of that kitchen..rattle an roll..shake, rattle, an roll....
I had a dream...burn, baby burn,,,burn everything..report back to the firehouse immediately..."do you ever read anything you burn"...sowing the seeds of love,, we're sowing the seeds of love...

forever young, forever young won't you stay forever young....
just cause i ain't had no nothing worth sayin, never ever never ever !

regards Dave

aoki---" If you do not like a thread, you most certainly do not have to read it, or join in"........................................

<harvey101blind>
posted
overall i think paul simon sad it goo " why should i , it's all gonna fade "
but heres some e.e. just for fun

"("fire stop thief help murder save the world"

what world?
is it themselves these insects mean?
when microscopic shriekings shall have snarled
threads of celestial silence huger than
eternity,men will be saviors
--flop
grasshopper,exactly nothing's soon;