Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    free verse . . .. . . . or not.... to life
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 26

Moderators: dandelion, philnic

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
free verse . . .. . . . or not.... to life
 Login/Join

<harvey101blind>
posted
hey dave . i'm really sorry to hear that . i wish good health at you . you should post some writing while your in there . take care

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave, I hope the treatment's going well. If it's of any comfort to you I had similar symptoms from head to foot some years ago. My GP instantly diagnosed pityriasis, which he said was a virus that attacks young adults, usually around Spring-time and goes away of its own accord. I was sceptical, dressed in purdah and refused to go out. The quack was so confident, he didn't even refer me to a dermatologist. But, true to his word, the condition literally vanished after several months without my taking medication, applying cream (apart from calamine) or resorting to alternative treatment. I don't believe there's a blood test that can confirm your type of pityriasis but I am hoping like mad that yous will simply go away like mine. It's a depressing and distressing time, but viruses have a habit of wearing themselves out. Just keep eating normally and, above all, stay as cool as your writing. My very best wishes.

~ tink

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
.. we should be free to walk at night,,we should be born with our rights,,to walk and talk and wonder at the wonderful,, but lets not fight no more and maybe talk some more.. the hounds not here so lets delight in the camp-fire's light and chat like fire flies turn on your light and shine ... and If it pleases you keep you rythmns coming,, crawling,,jump the wall but down fall in ,, the day begins with a million diamonds sparkling on a million green lawns.. don't cut or squash the dandilion's take the time to blow their essence's of time like stars they wanna shine,, here's the bottle,so cap the wine,, for gold's only metal on another planet, ,another time ,,look at what we can do and make and don't judge one another by one another,,,,
just shine your own light,,, shine an burn bright..

......................a nod, a wink , !!!!

i just liked this alot , you really nailed it dave , i hope your doing ok man . still wishing good health at you .

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
hi harvey,tinkerbell,linnl,& everyone else,
hope your all keeping well ? thanks for your kind recent messages, unfortunetally my skin condition got really bad of late, (don't know if it's worse in adults?) but i had extra complecations,as had lots of dif skin infections both viral and baterial which led to my tempurature going as high as 39.9, was very scary, glad to say it's back to normal now, but also both my feet and legs swelled very bad to point i was bed ridden for 8 days and had to use wheel-chair and then crutches, but once again pleased to say i'm back on my feet again, the hospital staff, nurses and doctors have been great and are really on the ball. i've been given a weekend home leave so hence i can send you this email, as no PC in the hospital. I'm back in hospital for more treatment tomorrow,the good news uis it's getting slowly better and doctor's just put me on stronger tablets that will clear up the condition so hoping to become an out-patient very soon, anyway enough about all that, just though i'd share with you probably my best poem or piece of writing that i've done recently (well it's amonst my favorites at least).

this fist one was written in a single or constant flow of thought and i didn't have to edit it much and the choice of songs where picked in the order by another force high above i guess ?? in a local pub whilst it was freezing cold outside (towards end of december 2010), paul mc cartney was in liverpool doing an intimate gig with the chances of me going or even catching a glime's of him less than zero with average ticket going for £400-800 from the guys on street corner,, anyway it reminds me of the moment a bit like simon & artfunkel's "homeward bound" in that it's about a mood within a micro-world of time if you know what i mean and my brothers though both ok one's in NZ past 12 yrs and other one married and we don't see much of one another,,,we used to be very close and best of friends and in a band with rob(nz) for 20 yrs it's sad but a fact of life which must happen within lots of family units,,also we had good times and this is in praise of that ...

i was sitting in a pub, mar' eggeton's
when the spirit of my brothers walked in.
i looked up an i held my breath, couldn't quite
take the moment in..
like a dream ,the jukebox played blondie, it was 1986 all over again, just for a time it held it was the moment again,
the room spun a little and we laughted and talked for seconds about everything and nothing, the seconds held whilst the song played out to a fade,, but like a snow drop the moment was gone again, ,,,,
i was back in my own time, back in the real world , an ironically the jukebox chose,,
"across the universe" an the coda said "nothing's gonna change my world" and so on and on the coda sang ,,,
but the moment had gone as i looked up from my red ,rent book note book, just like a magician who'd lost a spell or a musician who'd lost a melody, lyric or chord.
the words & pictures from my last dream filled the air and the space in my mind.
mac cartney's in town tonight for a "corparate gig" but he may as well be playing on the moon, and again ironicly the jukebox picked
"let it be,let it be" i heard tomorrow will bring a luna eclipse, x 2
but the moment's broke my heart, and no amount of money,hope or redemption will change the day.
an although i've always know this ; it's still hard t admit it, time maybe a healer but,,,,
guess what the jukebox singing "here comes the sun" while in my head i hear the coda to the "two of us " from a far off day long ago in the 1980's long time gone "that's entertainment" on a winter's day long ago gone,,
and the music is now "while my guitar gently weeps"...
a child of this time, while the stars from an olden golden age look back down..
i see a guy whispering into his drink, i guess he's a little lost too, but i don't ask him,
i guess he's in a moment too, and who can tell or judge what's the right way,,,
another guy looks up and asks "do you want a metro" and that was the name of my last band.. what can i say i guess the spirits are trying to tell me something tonight ?
then heaven 17 just break's the spell so i drink up and move on to another bar, another place and another night... and still the memory played on , it plays on and on as i look down at the red tea light it chooses to go out, so i go on and out in to the cold night, oh brother one of those night's another one of those night's,,, the end

well, that's taken it out of me so i'm going to say goodnight to you one and all, and if it's a help to anyone don't let the stress'es get to you, i should know as apart from toxic shock also a lot of stress has played a part in my illness too, so i say down with it and in future i'm going to be humming a different tune when i get back my health and i'm going to look after myself and family and friens around me too, so take care and i'll be in touch again , nite nite cheers and regards Dave,,
ps i'm going to take up ti- chi as a hobby,,,

<harvey101blind>
posted
hey dave , i felt that alot . alotta those nights myself . i hope your doing better . ti-chi cant hurt , from what i've heard . keep writing it up though , contact me on yahoo - same name just on yahoo , if you feel like it .

i actually signed on because i wanted to ask the bradburyboard if anyone new of a good publisher in new york for beginner writers .

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lily:
It's not free verse of course, but I take it that this is the "poetry thread", which I'm looking foward to reading!

No, this is the poetry thread!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
lol....gggaaaaaaarrrrrdddoookkkkk!!!!!!!!

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, I've noticed now that this isn't even a free verse thread....let's hope all the skin conditions improve.

Posts: 5 | Location: Where noons go quickly, dusks and twilights linger, and midnights stay.... | Registered: 16 May 2011Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
yeah , well it was supposed to be . . . . but . . . . . as you read . . . nobody posted any free verse . . . . just knocked on mine . . . untill mog tried , then thought better of it . then dave tried , and kept it up . but then had a skin condition . i've been wondering how dave is doing . HEY DAVE ARE YOU DOING ANY BETTER !?!?

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
New a medicine for men of any age - proof sexual effect and the pleasant price.
2 packings in the GIFT at purchase today http etc etc...

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
i'm just curious what the reaction would be if i started posting a bunch of bullshit on your "real" poetry page doug.

Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
since you cant help being such a shit

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
harvey101blind, please notice how we tolerate this off-topic thread.

Abusive language we tolerate not so much.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
by tolerate you mean , stop by to judge , but never once participate in ?

Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
i think the first page of this thread stands to show you and doug pretty well .

Report This Post