Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    free verse . . .. . . . or not.... to life
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 26

Moderators: dandelion, philnic

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
free verse . . .. . . . or not.... to life
 Login/Join

<harvey101blind>
posted
i ride the tide , get by , bet high , abide the ride , stand up from time to time , slow motion ....edited feeling...killing the time,,,, sirens in my nind , all those i've know ,, all there eyes.....all joy's and sadnesses i've sighed ,,,, live and let it ride ,, ima gonna slide to the bottom and back up on this tide . it's a miracle i'm still alive , , , friends i remember they never asked why.,,,,why i let go and stopped to try ,,, something in me died , they saw and thats why the never asked why, i got tired and something in me died

Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
i need to rekindle the fire , form scratch ,,, got a match? for my soul it did dwindle on the window cill of my eyes,, but i'm in slow motion ,,like i'm drowning everywher that i go. , years gone so much lost and learnedi walked away from everything tht i know, you watched me go everyone that i know, " i tore myself right off the cross , tossed the light that leads the way , and walked myself astray" it's not easy going away , thats where i am now , not much for me to complain. cause i ramble on down the road slowly growing old and fading away ,
it's easy to complain hard to stay sane slow motion ion a derailed train ,,, yeah man hears to the pain , years down the drain , and a broken picture frame , scatterd eyes lieing wise as they speak wht your mouth couldnt say,,, just live on do what you gotta do and be brave....be brave? how can you be sop blind? i'm braver than youll ever know , i cary torches you dont see deep inside, i ride on torrential tides, all the while smiling sorry , " for not emnating pride,,and for breaking my stride,,, when my world turned sour , jaded ,,faded ,,,and died

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Your Attic must have had much better weather than we have in recent weeks, MtD. I, an avid gardener (no relation to Chauncy), have yet to even turn the earth. Maybe today, if the sun continues to shine.

The NE USA has been under clouds and rain for the better part of six weeks now. Historic! I have taught "All Summer in a Day" and "The Long Rain" in honor of the daily metaphor!

That is a mighty fine looking Cucurbita maxima you've posted: http://bioweb.uwlax.edu/bio203/s2009/herman_jaci/

This was the state of affairs in the backyard corn field on the fourth of June:

As you can see, I took to a zip lock bag and a raft to survey the situation during an unprecedented, relentless, record-breaking San Francisco Bay Area rainstorm.

It is still raining on and off today, so I have found refuge in the pumpkin patch:

MTD

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
HydroponicMog!!! Great stuff!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Santa Cruz Mountains got 3.5" Friday - Saturday. Over 85" for the year so far...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you staying dry Mog, but make sure your ziplock has breathing holes!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Glad to see you staying dry Mog, but make sure your ziplock has breathing holes!

Thanks for your concern, Phil, but I have not had to take in a breath of anything since the molecules of my faux fur last resided within a living form sometime back in the Mesozoic era.

In any event, the rain has now subsided, so all is well once again in this neck-o-the-woods.

MTD

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello all! I'm new here. I'm really excited to meet you all. I must say everything seems great! Big Grin I look forward to getting to know you all.

posted Hide Post
Hmmm...

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
the intrigue......

Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
really? nobody ? not one drop of poetry?

Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
where are honesty's boundary lines, where is home, where is safety?
fish out of water!!!!? blindness screamed repeatedly

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone here know what happened to Jim Nightshade's father? I feel like there's a story in it, somewhere...

Something wicked this way comes...I shouldn't have eaten those magic beans...@_@

Posts: 1 | Location: Philippines | Registered: 09 June 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by madzspaz:
Does anyone here know what happened to Jim Nightshade's father? I feel like there's a story in it, somewhere...

Write it!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Harvey and one and all,
How are you ? I'm ok and in good spirt, keepin optomistic and getting back to being creative again.. sorry for my absence of late,still suffering badly with this PRP condition, but also must say it's slowly improving & about 50% thru it, so much so that I've been discharged from hospital so just an out-patient now, but if it's all the same with you all, I'd rather not talk too much about it on here as I spend most of my day dealing with it,etc, but I do appreciate all the kind words and wishes you've posted.....

Anyway,
Harvey just like to say I really liked your recent posting and wordings,
such as....
" scatterd eyes lying wise as they speak what your mouth couldn't say,,, just live on,
do what you gotta do and be brave....be brave.
"i need to rekindle the fire,....and...
"when my world turned sour , jaded ,,faded ,,,and died "

and lots more lines like you certainly have a great way with words as we'd say in england a good turn of phrase, it's hard to write good stuff but it's the feeling you get from it when it works & flows is well worth it,
I've got some new stuff but it take me a while to type up now, so here's a very new one ...

When the electric bomb goes off and on,
it starts a fire from with-in,
like a switch is flicked
I hear the notes again, feel alive again.
the night's de-fused ,
and for a while I feel calm, excited and awake once more.
the sounds create colours and memories,
then I'll walk through the woods ,
when the sun's high again.....

well, that's all for now, as Jim Morrisson(aka the doors) once said " Awake.., shake dreams from your hair"...

Best regards, and I'll check in again soon
be creative, be alive, be yourself

cheers Dave ...