Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    free verse . . .. . . . or not.... to life
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26

Moderators: dandelion, philnic

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
free verse . . .. . . . or not.... to life
 Login/Join

<harvey101blind>
posted
by the way i picture each of you looking like the nerd COMIC BOOK GEEK from the simpsons . or your souls at least . lol

Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BkcO-w1q2BM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BkcO-w1q2BM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by harvey101blind:
very good . but let me point out , none of you have once put up a poem of your own , to be held to any scrutiny . it's ok though guys . you show more than you know

No, but nor have we uploaded any paintings, sculptures or hand-woven baskets of our own.

Because...

this...

is...

like...

kind of...

a...

Ray...

Bradbury...

message...

board.

!

Razzer

(Rather than a place for posting one's own handiwork.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BkcO-w1q2BM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BkcO-w1q2BM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I thought this was another of your free verse compositions, then I realised it was Youtube embed code!

So, you think we look like Comic Book Guy, eh? I did once Simpsonize myself, but I turned out more like Mo. With glasses.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
More beautiful than the first line of my latest received spam:

"mutual short soon combined Christopher Widely set South Gutteridge story most than Saskatchewan in Astronomy to The to be including Michael Sarkozy Sunset and omit became out fall Toyota II separately a government any Antonio modern seen"

We should start a thread for spam headers poetry.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Dude! You're on some heavy stuff tonight!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
phil . this is understood , it's been gone over before that this is ray bradburyboard.com , whats funny and what makes me think of you as comic book guy , is that you all take such heartfelt interest in knocking my writing style , but dont have the balls to try it yourselves . i'm pointing out how cowardly and pathetic , and blatant that is . that you need to comment , or try and belittle my style doesnt hurt or hinder me , i know i like what i do and how i do it , i also know it's free form so it comes how it comes , not all of it has been freeform , but most of it . it's funny that you seem to have deemed yourselves guardians of raybradburyboard . yes i picture you in many funny animated ways . and no , no heavy stuff needed . but if your going to judge the way someone walks , shouldnt you at least show you have a leg to stand on?

Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
and whats rreally funny is now you couldnt even if you wanted to , because youve made such a big deal out of how bad you think mine is , you wouldnt be able to hold yourselves up to that light . so i double dog dare you boys , try it . free yourselves from the petty bullshit . "pull down thy vanity i say pull down" i wont judge you , just try it , honestly though , just one free form poem from each of you . and then you'll prove you have some balls at least , as long as it's honest .

Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
for instance
"what a wonderfull view , what a fantastic find , your high perch from wich you heckle the blind . all the while you pop and shine . but your hollow laughter squirms , when theres none to jibe and spurn , lessons you where to good to learn , leave you in your tree to burn , you never learned how to climb down , when ive been running blind , bleeding heavy from my heart and mind , on instinct and intuition ive survived , a gauntlet been through shit you could never fit , that head of yours through . "

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Tried it, thanks. Doesn't work for me.

- Phil

<harvey101blind>
posted
no doubt . it is a little childish of me to keep it up if noone wants to hear it . oh well , i was sort of hoping someone out there in raybradburyland would be into it . but i think enough time has gone by to see thats not the case . and that actually was pretty funny with the spam mail headers . well untill some distant date when i come back and start it again . fair thee well

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
harvey101blind, you're either a genius or a fool! Big Grind

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
can't i just be slightly touched

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
no doubt . it is a little childish of me to keep it up if noone wants to hear it . oh well , i was sort of hoping someone out there in raybradburyland would be into it .

Mog the Dog here. I'm into it, but alas I am but a 44-year-old toy brindle dog with paper shredding for a brain, for what it is worth.

By the way, I would like to summon the courage to report that synchronicity strikes yet again! I was just thinking about how much I would like to share with the folks in this forum about the countless "meaningful coincidences" that have happened this past year in the lives of my human companions - all of them related to Ray Bradbury stories. Unfortunately, I have been hesitant to share them in this forum for fear of being judged or accused of being on something. And here you are going through what I imagined I might experience myself if I started rambling my random thoughts about Ray Bradbury and synchronicity.

Speaking of random thoughts, here are some of my own:

I read the posts in this thread from most recent to oldest, so I did not immediately understand the Comic Book Guy reference until I read the previous post. I wondered initially if you were referring to the guys that teased Ray Bradbury about loving comic books, which prompted him to go home and throw them all out. Bradbury later considered himself a fool for such a cowardly act. But from that experience, he promised himself that he would never let the ridicule of others stifle his creative thoughts. What a gift that was!

Another random thought:
You wrote, "...leave you in your tree to burn , you never learned how to climb down...". When I read this, I instantly recalled my favorite Ray Bradbury poem (titled Remembrance) in which Ray wrote of being stuck up in the tree as a child and had to yell for his brother Skip to help him get down. Thanks for conjuring up such a found memory of such a powerful poem. Take a few moments to find that poem and read it and see if you agree.

Oh, and I cannot help but remember Margot from "All Summer in a Day". When we go places or have experienced powerful things that others have not, their behavior can be quite predictable...

So, harvey101blind, is it possible to double dog dare a dog? If so, I will give your free verse a try. In the meantime, here is a little taste of the synchronicity of which I spoke earlier in this post:

In the first week of August, 2009, my favorite human companion was contemplating how her 46 years of life seemed to be folding upon itself because she was reliving, in a distorted version, so much of what she had experienced at age 23. She then wondered what her life would be like 23 years later. A few minutes later, she pulled out a copy of Bradbury's Martian Chronicles, which she had tucked into her purse on a whim earlier that morning knowing that she most likely had a wait at the doctor's office. She then opened to a random page (which she often does just to let the ideas start flowing in her head randomly). The chapter was titled "August 2032: The Settlers" in which Bradbury described the state of affairs precisely 23 years in the future. There was the answer to her question, but also to the other more pressing question about why it is so scary to talk to others about synchronicity. Bradbury explains as follows: "So it was not unusual that the first men were few. The number grew steadily in proportion to the census of Earth Men already on Mars. There was comfort in numbers. But the first Lonely Ones had to stand by themselves...".

So, my dear fellow Lonely One. Keep writing your free verse. One day, I am quite certain, it will sync up precisely with my own.

Until then,

MTD

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
thank you mog . i had no idea about that with ray , but i'm gonna look it up . i often feel i'm moving in ludicris speed , and drowning at the same time .
she said it's panging in the hollows of my heart , so let it pang , cause ur pang reverberates off mine , and all the little meanings that i've meant , mean an aweful lot to me , and when i sing my soul i bleed for all the little meanings that youve meant , that you never got to speak , and they pool up on the floor around us , as in a dream , cause while were waking , and walking and talking , there most certainly are things unseen , pulling on the shim shimmering sheen , for us , if we can , to be gleamed , and as a brother of mine once said , were all just swimming in a sea of night , 100% , he got that right , so heres to your torch and mine sharing the light

Report This Post