Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    free verse . . .. . . . or not.... to life
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 26

Moderators: dandelion, philnic

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
free verse . . .. . . . or not.... to life
 Login/Join

<harvey101blind>
posted
somewhere in the nerdy darkness they sat stroking themselves , waiting for another honest comment to rip apart . muahahaha

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by harvey101blind:
i'm just curious what the reaction would be if i started posting a bunch of bullshit on your "real" poetry page doug.

I wouldn't mind, and would probably take it in the spirit it was intended - that of humour and fun. But mind, it isn't my thread, but rather the thread of the people of this board. I just started it.

But really, email spam wouldn't fit as well over there - it's much more in the style of "free verse" by its very nature.

Also, please note that I don't intend to diminish your contribution to art, in fact, free verse is very much in the style that Ray writes, without thinking as he goes along.

I often wondered, why do you space before you comma? Is that the "free verse" way? Seriously, I don't know! It's why I ask.

Stroking is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
oh it was another misunderstanding then. i guess you have immense integrity and are schooling me in that.
the comma space is because i honestly didn't know, but thought it looked better that way. i never was very good with grammar, never had to be.
stroking is a good word.

reaching ugly, long, stale, slimy meanings. leaving a trail of stains behind, all over what could've been. triumph of the coward, it's emptiness almost missed. sideways hiding bravely, in the open shadow, snarky man, i see you crawl.

well i call it "free verse" doug. why is it you can't even try it ? and your see through, in case you weren't sure.

Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
i liked nerdy darkness better. it felt a little like stephen king.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
oh it was another misunderstanding then. i guess you have immense integrity and are schooling me in that.
the comma space is because i honestly didn't know, but thought it looked better that way. i never was very good with grammar, never had to be.
stroking is a good word.

reaching ugly, long, stale, slimy meanings. leaving a trail of stains behind, all over what could've been. triumph of the coward, it's emptiness almost missed. sideways hiding bravely, in the open shadow, snarky man, i see you crawl.

well i call it "free verse" doug. why is it you can't even try it ? and your see through, in case you weren't sure.

i liked nerdy darkness better. it felt a little like stephen king.

I try to have integrity.

It looks good, the comma space - kind of makes it stand out!

I suppose I could try it. Perhaps I will one day. Thanks for the offer.

I produced a King film once - he is dark! I don't know so much about nerdy.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
shit man, you win.

i meant the wording of it reminded me of his way of wording things.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
shit man, you win.

I don't like to win, but then again I hate to lose, and in between is something I can't stand.

Howdy doody, Mog!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
MogtheDog is that really you? Where have have you been? ("The pumpkin patch" is not an answer.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Mog the Dog, burinin' out my fuse up here alone, in search of a suitable place for a pumpkin patch. Unfortunately, I have now come to the conclusion that Mars ain't the kind of place to raise a pumpkin, not yet anyway.

We've come a long way since Laika, but by the looks of things 'round here in this neck-o-the-Internet-woods, not nearly long enough...

Oh, and howdy doody back to you, Doug Spaulding!

MTD

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MogtheDog,

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
MogtheDog is that really you? Where have have you been? ("The pumpkin patch" is not an answer.)

Well, it may not be an answer, but it is indeed where I have now found myself after transforming the barren back yard into a full-fledged-feed-the-whole-family kitchen garden.

Speaking of pumpkin patches, this is what Halloween of 2011 looked like on the morning of May 20th:

Oh, and on the topic of free verse, I imagine that pictorial free verse would be a bit of fun.

MTD

posted Hide Post
"A full-fledged-feed-the-whole-family kitchen garden" is an answer. Welcome back, you old dog (Big Grin).

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Your Attic must have had much better weather than we have in recent weeks, MtD. I, an avid gardener (no relation to Chauncy), have yet to even turn the earth. Maybe today, if the sun continues to shine.

The NE USA has been under clouds and rain for the better part of six weeks now. Historic! I have taught "All Summer in a Day" and "The Long Rain" in honor of the daily metaphor!

That is a mighty fine looking Cucurbita maxima you've posted: http://bioweb.uwlax.edu/bio203/s2009/herman_jaci/

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
DAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVVVE!!!!! where are you ? you ok? i was thinking and your skin condition reminds me of a really great movie i once saw , about a guy in a hospital with what appear to be horrible burns , and he's a writer , and he's working on a mystery novel. great movie . redone with robert downy jr and mel gibson . they did good. anyway dave . i know i retired from annoying this board . but i wanna write free verse , and i want to hear some of yours. and man , . . . . .

i came as good as i could , on many occasions , but i slipped also , on more than a few . shit but by god i did my best on more than my due . who says where credit ends , or when it's due , thanks be to the neverending gratitude , of a place that hides from shame , because it knows whats true is that this life , isnt owed to anyone. i got a gut feeling that everything is going to explode , but also this gut feeling is telling me thats just what it's supposed to do . and i'm really ok , with that. cause in my many dreams ive seen past lives , and future scenes , that seem to say to me. it's ok my boy , everything is everything , and as ray said , there is room to believe it all. and that just about says it all

Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
hey doug what king movie did you produce , if you dont mind my asking?

Report This Post