free verse . . .. . . . or not.... to life

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6791083901/m/253103223

26 May 2011, 11:11 AM
Doug Spaulding
free verse . . .. . . . or not.... to life
quote:
Originally posted by harvey101blind:
hey doug what king movie did you produce , if you dont mind my asking?

Certainly not, friend Harvey. I have produced a Stephen King short film called Suffer the Little Children (post-production), and I have written, produced, and directed two documentaries: An Untitled 4E Ackerman project (post-production), and a Ray Bradbury project tentatively titled Fr Electrico or Live Forever! (undecided at this point - in production). And I am directing a project called The App, which is a Twilight Zone type thing. We shoot tomorrow!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"
27 May 2011, 09:46 AM
<harvey101blind>
I love it when you say my name, friend Doug. I looked up 4E Ackerman. Sounds like he was an amazing man. Through searching for him i found esperanto. Amazing again. Someone needs to make a movie about that history. Zamenhof , and then about hitler singling out his family. horrible, but then it survived. that will be my first second language.
i look forward to seeing your Ray Bradbury project. He rocks very hard.
does anyone have any links of Mr. Bradbury telling the Electrico circus story.
27 May 2011, 10:25 AM
Doug Spaulding
Uncle 4E: Amazing, yes! Ray: Rocks, yes!

I think Ray told the story to me when I interviewed him and Chris Slatoff at Ray's house for the documentary, but I haven't a link, unless he mentions it in here. I cannot remember. It's just b-roll, but it's pretty good.

"Live Forever!"
27 May 2011, 11:05 AM
<harvey101blind>
nice, thanks man! i can't hear him speak enough. theres alot of other good videos next to that one too. i'd love to see terry gilliam adapt the illustrated man.
27 May 2011, 01:32 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
nice, thanks man! i can't hear him speak enough. theres alot of other good videos next to that one too. i'd love to see terry gilliam adapt the illustrated man.

I want Mr del Toro to be my DP when I shoot my adaption of the real life Mr Electrico story!

"Live Forever!"
27 May 2011, 08:02 PM
<harvey101blind>
I still haven't read the story yet, i think i still like the version in my head, and thats prolly why i wanna hear Mr. Bradbury tell it himself. I wonder if Mr. del toro is a fan. Seems like he would be though.

it's electric boogy woogy woogy woogy, you can do it, it's electric boogy woogy woogy, cause you know it's there......here there and everywhere....BOOGY WOOGY WOOGY WOOGY!!!!!1 so says stefanie
27 May 2011, 08:03 PM
<harvey101blind>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmMQfTJ3gYk
29 May 2011, 10:53 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
I still haven't read the story yet, i think i still like the version in my head, and thats prolly why i wanna hear Mr. Bradbury tell it himself. I wonder if Mr. del toro is a fan. Seems like he would be though.

He certainly is! At 4E's memorial service, Ray was sitting, trying to have a bit of a nap for a few minutes before it started, when Guillermo gently pushed up to those standing around Ray to protect him from those who might press in and disturb him. He was nearly turned away - they didn't recognise him!

"Live Forever!"
30 May 2011, 11:24 AM
jkt
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:

He certainly is! At 4E's memorial service, Ray was sitting, trying to have a bit of a nap for a few minutes before it started, when Guillermo gently pushed up to those standing around Ray to protect him from those who might press in and disturb him. He was nearly turned away - they didn't recognise him!

I'm still a bit embarrased by my part in that.
30 May 2011, 05:14 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
I'm still a bit embarrased by my part in that.

As well you should be! You'll notice I left the "who" out of my story!

jkt - the man who will be remembered as the one who turned away del Toro.

"Live Forever!"
30 May 2011, 09:40 PM
<harvey101blind>
i miss dave....... i hope out of the middle of the dark , following the falling of a random dart , at least in this would be some honesty , pang , pang , panging , for a mark , on a whim or a lark, fucking cut off from the start , thank your bloody heart , and legs that crawl your body through this maze , stumbled through remembrance , like crumbs , that some deeper part of you left as a clue , something connected , something that new , that there was a point , but now is just telling you , to hold on.......or let it go... but make a choice... and let me know...cause lately .... the undertow is killing me........
30 May 2011, 09:49 PM
<harvey101blind>
miss lilly ... your silly ,, why edit the past , thats nothing but a hole in an otherwise empty glass , i'm almost always suprised by shotty alibi's , why waste your already wasted time . now will someone please judge me so i can go to sleep . woosh not a peep?
30 May 2011, 10:04 PM
<harvey101blind>
outta sight outta mind? well fine, then i wish i was blind driften through time , where the nuclear pine never ripped through the pine....
02 June 2011, 12:23 PM
<harvey101blind>
one for the road.......
...honesty is what sells these days . because the lack of late has been so great. i sell the shade . to the weary. instead of giving it to them . cause i was bought and sold , without my knowledge . when i still thought it all was pretend . and i remember sitting , and searching all alone....when i was a boy , carrying the pain of a broken home.......and i'm not lieing , since i was a boy i thought of the escape of dying , and that should tell you all you need to know,,,,not just about me though,, but this time we all are in.... what about the hope thats drowning , in this tidal wave of sin ...... thats been accepted by the lost and jaded , the magic spell cast caught us all , and our fathers and our mothers ,,,, and man , we fought all the shadows , but we lost the solid foe . in the darkness , that was embeddend in our shame . and alls we want is freedom , forgiveness and love, and all we have is empty , when we cant let go of pain , or what we think is owed us , but especially our shame.... i got a long list,,, of everything i need ... and if only we could find .... a way to breach the shoars . speek to our ancestors . they will guide us on through the doorsof perception. because they love us , and they are past the worldly game,. of eager dissapointment , blind greed and shame
02 June 2011, 12:24 PM
<harvey101blind>
quote:
outta sight outta mind? well fine, then i wish i was blind driften through time , where the nuclear shine never ripped through the pine....