Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    happy to share my voice with these many inspired people...

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

happy to share my voice with these many inspired people...
 Login/Join

posted
Dear all,

I am Katerina Evseyva, I live in Yakutsk, it's in "Siberia" (just to make it easier to understand my location. It's actually the Sakha republic, Russian Far East). I live in a very far away place from you, in a town which is proclaimed beurocratically a capital for diamond bearing region of Russia...
First - a quick look at your messages made feel linked to the rest of the world as there are so many who love the writer and are inspired by his artwork. And what unites us is his work...
No need to say I love his writing, his personality and ideas seen in what he depicts on the paper. I also was "caught up" to this author being quite young, maybe of 16...and it was The Dandelion Wine. Later I began writing some peotry in English and there are some poems inspired by his stories.
Second - I guess the majority read his work in English (and it's his mother language, yes), but I read in Russian, and I feel grateful to the interpreters' work - with their help I "heard" the master. And though now I can read in English, I still prefer to read him in Russian, sorry Smiler
And the last thing here for now - let us all remember that we should keep those small but significant traditions that the author writes about - being careful to the old and to the relatives, not to forget how it is great to walk barefeet on the grass...how sweat and sore the berries are, wild and produced by mother earth in the wood-amid meadows.
well, sorry for the length Smiler
I hope to become a member of this community.

Posts: 6 | Location: Yakutsk, Russia | Registered: 05 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Katerina!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Хрїстóсъ воскрéсе!

Welcome!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Across the miles and languages...RB amazes. Nice comments Kat! "Traditions" is a wonderful word.

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Traditions are what make us all LIVE FOREVER!

Welcome! Smiler

Posts: 86 | Registered: 31 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dear all,

thanks a lot for the greetings,

I also look forward to hearing from you Smiler

Posts: 6 | Location: Yakutsk, Russia | Registered: 05 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Katerina and Parish your responses stuck in my mind all day. Mr. Ray Bradbury is a part of our lives. So, I felt a place to tell of such moments was needed. See the new forum topic on "traditions!" Thanks. f

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome! Always nice to hear from new people.

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome! They continue to come from all over! Please post on the "So...Where Y'All From?" thread.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post