Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Music for "The Martian Chronicles"

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Music for "The Martian Chronicles"
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, friends of Ray Bradbury!

In 2008 I composed and performed "Ylla," an ambient & orchestral CD that contained scores for a number of the short stories of "The Martian Chronicles." One of the songs, "The Fire Balloons," was performed at the Different Skies Electronic Music Festival in Arcosanti, Arizona, in 2008, and was broadcast over Internet radio.

An MP3 cannot be attached (this site does not permit it), but if you would like to hear that song or the whole album, let me know and I will post it to my Reverbnation site.

Meanwhile, a Holtz-like saga inspired by his work "The Planets," called "Space from Earth" is going up in the net few days. The song I chose for Mars is "The Fire Balloons!"

Everything I do is free and downloadable, nor do you have to be a fan to get it. I simply love to compose music——and I have a good day job!

Enjoy!

;-)

Slate

www.reverbnation.com/5la7e

ImageAlbum_30-2008_Ylla_v5.jpg (16 Kb, 5 downloads) Cover Art for "Ylla"

Posts: 3 | Location: jwmills@indiana.edu | Registered: 17 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure I speak for the rest of us when I say that we would love to hear your music.

Let the Martian orchestra play!

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good evening, all,

It has been a long time. I have been busy composing music, performing, and recovering from cancer. (Yeah, THAT is an excuse, eh? :-)

Here is the web site for a new story about Ylla, inspired by the Martian Chronicles:

http://www.reverbnation.com/5la7e

AND...

It includes BOTH the story read as an audiobook, AND...

It is musically "illustrated" with my original score for Ray Bradbury's short story about Ylla and a complete album of music about what happened after!

It is free, you do NOT have to register as a fan or submit your email, and you can even download any or all of the songs or readings, as YOU choose!

Enjoy!

Slate

Posts: 3 | Location: jwmills@indiana.edu | Registered: 17 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slate, I see you teach at Indiana University. I guess you are at a different campus, but have you ever been in contact with Profs Eller and Touponce, the esteemed Bradbury scholars? (They're at IUPUI, Indianapolis). They should know about your work!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post