Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

technology
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
The whole thing has been bizarro world since he met her and had it heralded to the world. Jumping for joy everywhere, look at me, then her big conversion to scientology. I knew someone who was a scientologist, trust me it deserves to be in the fiction section bigtime. Now the poor kid arrives and I wonder if they'll shout it out to the world if it all crumbles like I think it will. Time will tell...

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who ARE these people?

(Maybe I've stumbled oto an evil clone of this site? Or I'm experiencing something akin to what happened to Steven Wright: "I had a dream that everything in my house had been replaced by exact duplicates! I told my roommate about it, and he said, "Who are you?" ")

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's the Pod people, run for your life. Just givin ya the business.

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will Marsha ever locate her missing shoelace? Will Brad procure that new economy van? And what of Spot the wonder dog? Will he ever unearth the bone he buried under Mrs. Dingles porch last year? Tune in next week for the next electrifying installment.
Oh, �oto�. Please be sure to wind Braling II up in the morning.

[This message has been edited by Chapter 31 (edited 04-19-2006).]

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who needs Science Fiction when there's Scientology? I don't (normally) advocate trashing other religions on any incarnation of the board, but this is aliens bigtime. I suspect this supposed child is to promote Scientology "healing" Tom's infertility.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Oh, �oto�. Please be sure to wind Braling II up in the morning."
Yeah, keyboard needs cleaning. Lately, I've had to go back over lotsa stuff that I've typed.
You mentioned "Spot, the wonder dog". Remember "Tippy" of Bob and Ray? OK. How about Mighty Manfred?

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just can't take how everything is all about flaunting this that and the other with those people. "Look at my new age religion, look at my new young wife, look at our perfect baby, please keep looking at me or my acting career may start to decline, I couldn't take that because I need one million dollars per minute to survive in this cold cruel world." Yes, I am a tad envious of the lifestyle, but can you imagine what that kids life will be. He is a publicity stunt. Wonder who he resembles...

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
The kid is named Suri and will have a built-in market for her tell-all book when she's old enough to write it.

Something Katty this Way Comes.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does she have fringe on top?

posted Hide Post
Scientology is the direct result of a barstool bet between Hubbard and another SF author. In the midst of a drunken debate on religion Hubbard supposedly declared that even HE could come up with a religion and gain a respectful number of followers. His SF writing soon became a way of getting the whole thing off the ground, and one of his biggest supporters was none other than ASTOUNDING/ANALOG editor John Campbell. I think SF author A.E. Van Vogt was also a charter member.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah and if I remember correctly, the author he made the bet with wouldn�t have much to do with him after that.

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I knew it! I really didn't, I just wanted to say that. It certainly fits though. Someone should notify Tom before he somehow embarrasses his ersatz family.

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
First complaint: teased about name from day one, with cartoons of a surrey cruising along!

posted Hide Post
Braling II,
Mighty Manfred. A mighty dog for a terrific boy. I always loved that dog. He was rather pink though wasn�t he?

Ok. How about Clutch Cargo or Crusader Rabbit.

It was November, 2061 when the attorneys entered the Supreme Court chamber to argue the Bradbury case. That was the year Justice Suri was appointed and it was noted that she had a butterfly embroidered onto the left sleeve of her robe.

[This message has been edited by Chapter 31 (edited 04-21-2006).]

posted Hide Post
"...a surrey cruising along..." Yep, Chicks and ducks and geese better scurry.

Clutch Cargo with Spinner and Paddlefoot!

Eek.

Crusader Rabbit was actually the first cartoon made specifically for television by Jay Ward (of "Rocky & Bullwinkle" fame).

Cartoons could be a topic all its own. Very interesting too for those who appreciate voice actors like Paul Frees, Stan Freberg, Daws Butler, Hans Conreid...even Edward Everett Horton and Charles Ruggles!