Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

technology
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Too bad these people couldn't have read Jean-Dominique Bauby's "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly". They think THEIR lot in life was tough!
And, yes, I'm still miffed about being snubbed by our otherwise gracious moderator!
And me with this pain in the diodes all down my left side...

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, but now, I have a pain in my side from laughing. B-Two, calm down or you will rust or something. She didn't dis you, it just got buried in the rubble of my inane ramblings, so I guess it is I that owe you, a fellow robot and water compatriot a heartfelt apology. In fact, she rebuffed my insinuation that I was adored by her over you, she said she treats all robots equally including repro's of great dead presidents. I hope you can get over my usual callous treatment oif you, it is pure jealousy. Your so shiny, and I'm so dull and inneficient. Please accept my apology, sir, yet again. I am slowly learning manners from those with much more poise than an old 1960's model Robot. Hell, a monster magnet has more tact. Although whats weird is that at the same time I loath myself, I also love myself. Huh, almost human! Whew....& wheeeeooooooh!

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He posted my email, which you'd better write, since your profile says your current email is not available. Playing hard-to-find, eh?

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I've made the contact attempt just now. We'll see what doth transpire.
Bot, be of good cheer. Better to be modelled after The Great Emancipator than a middle-aged hen-pecked nobody!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But your the true testament of how to not remain static, quite the opposite, you help both boards to be a dynamic group mind!

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way to go, Braling II! That's showing 'em!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I endeavor to give satisfaction.

Say, it looks like there's quite a bit of activity here on the old sod!
Still have to be careful, though. The crewman just behind me said he felt like this old city was "watching, weighing, and even smelling" him. Hmm...He seems to have disappeared...

posted Hide Post
Those unholy blades!

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
...he was delicious....

posted Hide Post
Looks like the 'phoneys' are visiting again a few doors down. I was looking through the strawberry window as one of them passed and I could see his insides! And his insides were - different!

posted Hide Post
I laughed that day you wrote "phoney's". I didn't get it right away. My wife told me the other day, I need to go to clue school. She was shopping last week, and a guy was just standing there murmuring. She started to edge away from him because she thought he was bats, but then she saw one of those ear phones on and he was engaged in conversation. Thats taking it too far for me. If you need and or use a phone that much, you may as well have it implanted in your upper spinal column.

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
I was chilling in the parking lot of where I work last night wathching all these SUVs struggling (in and out, in and out) to squeeze into parking places. Then the occupants would struggle to get in and out of their vehicles. And it hits me, (BAM!!!) like a lottery stone... "CARS SHALL PARK THEMSELVES", it's god's voice booming down upon me. So I says, "SPOCK ON A TROLLEY!!!" and gather my senses, then calmly mull the situation over. Hmmm, someday cars will drop you off in front of IKEA, OLD NAVY, RED LOBSTER wherever and then go park themselves, leaving maybe an inch between cars. Parking efficiency will be maximized. When your done shopping, eating, whatever, you push your little beeper thingy and your car picks you up. Onboard valet parking. Within ten years, he said.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember the flying taxis in Stranger?

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
I do (I think), and I remember thinking "why can't these taxis be used to track people?" I may be confusing different novels, but didn't Jill and Michael ride in a taxi to make their escape, and weren't taxis used to traffic people back and forth from Jubal's house? But, I also kinda remember Jubal having a personal driver/handyman who was fond of dirty magazines. Too much data, not enough free space. I wish we could delete the insignificant data (trivia) to make room for what really matters to us. I can remember something David Birney said in a Babara Walters interview 20 years ago, but I can't remember that my Beneficial payment is due on the 10th of every month. Which reminds me..... I forgot to take my Ginko Biloba!

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are hilarious. Laughing right now! If i didn't say it already, congrats and good luck on your alls move!

Onward to Mars!