Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Happy Birthday, Ray! (2013)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday, Ray! (2013)
 Login/Join

posted
It's just after midnight in Cape Town, so...

Happy 93rd, Ray!

May you keep on living forever.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right, dSP!

We always remembered to send heartfelt Birthday Greetings to Mr. Bradbury (starting way back in '96)! What a privilege it was to have received so many gracious responses back from him.

"Happy Day, Mr. B!"

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/...989_bd53db6ddd_z.jpg

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just seven years to go to the Bradbury Centenary!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thinking of him today--as usual.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On his birthday, I purchased, from my local B&N, a copy of the re-release on CD of Fahrenheit 451 as read by Ray Bradbury. This is the same release from 2001 by HarperAudio/CAEDMON. It is six hours on 6 CDs. The last hour is an interview with Bradbury presumably with John Runnette, who produced, directed, mixed and mastered this recording. The packaging does not say anything about 2013 being the 60th anniversary of F451, but it does have this on the bottom edge: "This Commemorative edition of Fahrenheit 451 features the original cover of the 1953 Ballentine hardcover, with artwork by Joseph Mugnaini."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

Image9.99_2013_releaseF451.jpg (133 Kb, 4 downloads) F451ReadByRayBradbury

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy belated birthday, Ray, I still love you.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post