Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAY!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAY!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Mog the Dog here. Happy birthday to my favorite author on my favorite day of the year! In only 366 days, you'll be twice twice 22 in Ray Bradbury years. Wow!

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to wish you the best of the happy birthdays Mr. Bradbury Big Grin Congratulations from one for your countless fans, Live Forever indeed!!

Yours truly,
Arturo N. S.

Posts: 1 | Location: Colima, Mexico | Registered: 22 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Ray Bradbury,
I would like to wish you a very Happy Birthday! Today I went to the San Diego Maritime Museum with 25 preschool children. We were having a wonderful time,during all the excitement and hullabalou we stopped and sang the song Sloop John B. It was one of those spontaneous events started by a child, everyone joined in and it was so very perfect for that moment. I was thinking about you just then and continue forever to hold you in my heart.Thankyou now and forever for having birthdays.
Love, Erin Frankel
P.S. I have met Joe Pipkin, he is alive and thriving in San Diego in the body of an absolutely incredible 9 year old boy.

Mrs Zanzibar

Posts: 3 | Location: the sunny side of the street! | Registered: 23 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oodles of fairy dust, Mr Bradbury.

May you glitter forever!

- tink

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday Mr. Bradbury and many happy returns!
Your brilliant work has been an inspiration and a delight to me and so many others. I am a 23 year old writer (with a brand-new, first magazine writing gig) who has proudly pasted a yellowing New York Times clipping at the head of my bed - your stirring poem about America and how fortunate we are to live in a free country. Your work is both iconic and consistently fresh.
87 years young!
Happy, happy birthday!
Gratefully,
EG

Posts: 1 | Registered: 22 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HAPPY MERRY JOYFUL BLISSFUL BIRTHDAY RAY!!!!

Diego from Argentina

Posts: 8 | Registered: 31 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People have left wonderful anecdotes of short meetings...

I only met R.B. once, getting a book signed. I only had enough time to tell him, "Some of your stories made me cry".

And he barked a laugh.

But it was true. When I was 20, they didn't; I just loved them. 20 years later, revisiting some of the stories --- they did.

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Belated Happy Birthday Ray ! Big Grin Eeker
I just want to say I have been inspired by you
ever since I read your short story All In A Summer Day way, way back in highschool
Of course your Martian Chronicles and something
Wicked this Way Comes .
It's been a fantastic ride .
I hope you write more .

Posts: 9 | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes.
Happy Birthday, Ray.

I enjoyed your work so much, I made my mother give us the same initials. Cool

Well..it didn't REALLY happen that way, but thanks for the inspiration.

Robert Blevins

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray's birthday is August 22nd you guys!
You are either 6 months late or 6 months early!

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY Mr Bradbury? That's topical.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert Blevins, pray tell where have you been?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have a Really Blessed Valentine's Day.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biplane 1 asks:

quote:
Robert Blevins, pray tell where have you been?

Busy.

Our magazine, 'Escape Velocity', was given full access at this year's Norwescon in Seattle. We're doing interviews/pictures with Guests of Honor Dan Simmons and artist Ciruelo and cranking out hard sci-fi as best we can. I have a column called 'Straight Talk' over at Newsvine/MSNBC that takes up some time.

But I still like to chuck it all and go camping/hiking/fishing whenever I can.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Robert M Blevins,

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray is quickly approaching 88 as I write this! I'm looking forward to seeing him again in Los Angeles soon! I spoke with him the other night, and he's as great as he ever, ever, was!
Richard

Posts: 1 | Location: Spokane, Washington | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post