Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Happy Halloween y'all!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Halloween y'all!
 Login/Join

posted
Eeker
Happy Halloween Ray Bradbury and friends on this forum... I raise a miniature Kit-Kat bar and cup of black Halloween coffee to you and hope you all are here next Halloween!

Posts: 126 | Location: Texas | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You got that right.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO RAY BRADBURY

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mad to RAY BRADBURY
Big Grin HAPPY HALLOWEEN Cool

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Hallowe'en to all my friends! I feel I can call you all my friends, or as John Merrick in the movie says, "My friendsh! Oh, my friendsh!"
And,
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay! I bought "Farewell Summer" today!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As long as we're talking about Hallow E'en and Mr B, my short story of the day:

This morning I emailed an All Hallow's greeting to Ray, and not two hours later here was his reply in my mailbox:

Dear John:

Thank you so much for your wonderful and special Halloween message.

I send love back to you with great embraces.

Best to you on this Halloween,

Ray Bradbury

What a nice man!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am excited because today when I arrived home from work, there in my mailbox was a copy of "The Homecoming." The illustrations by Dave McKean are amazing, and as soon as the trick or treaters stop ringing my doorbell I will sit down and read the book. What a great way to spend Halloween evening!! Maybe I will even read it to my classes tomorrow. (They will be too tired from their night of terror to focus on our folktales unit, anyway...) I must continue to spread the joy of Ray to yet another batch of seventh graders!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lmskipper:
I must continue to spread the joy of Ray to yet another batch of seventh graders!

As a former school teacher, I can surely proclaim that if you can reach seventh-graders, you can reach anyone!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is Nard a bit annoyed with Mr. B.?

Happy Halloween to all!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I assumed that Mad was Nard's attempt to insert a carved pumpkin. Of the smilies on offer, it's probably the best approximation. Better than Big Grin !

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I should have reposted this link as more could have "carved" their own pumpkin.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/timages/page/pumpkin_sim.html

Simply click on the pumpkin and an instrument appears. Draw your eyes, nose and mouth, ears if you wish. Close the lines on your drawing and then click on Done.

I think Phil was the only one who tried it.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's that time again, to celebrate the season and remember the dearly departed!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great night. Plenty of kids in the neighborhood and a little fantasy on the wind.

Posts: 1 | Location: Portland Oregon USA | Registered: 31 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just in time for Halloween, the link below will take you to an October 30, 1984 radio broadcast, THE OCTOBER COUNTRY, from Hollywood. It was presented by the Directors Guild of America in support of the charity UNICEF. Three of Ray Bradbury's stories were adapted for the show: "The Emissary", "There Was An Old Woman", and "The Wonderful Death of Dudley Stone". The announcer notes at the beginning of the broadcast that Ray himself was in attendance, and Ray speaks at the end of the broadcast. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ57IsLUSh4

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Richard,

Posts: 2456 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post