Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    NeW BRaDBuRY STaGePLaY
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NeW BRaDBuRY STaGePLaY
 Login/Join

posted
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"LEVIATHAN '99"

Ray's play of a space Captain Ahab in search of a Moby Dick comet takes stage center at the...

FREMONT CENTRE THEATRE
1000 Fremont Avenue,
South Pasadena, CA 91030
Tel: 1 626 441 5977
Fax: 1 626 441 5976

Runs from:
February 03, 2007 to March 03, 2007
in Pasadena, California
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent! I wish I could see it! Incidentally, you can read the bizarre history of Leviathan '99 here.

The prose version of Leviathan '99 is due for publication in July.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PHIL: You undoubtedly have the finest Bradbury website out there. I always marvel at the great design and comprehensive nature of the site. A great conribution to the Bradbury's works.

----

I caught Leviathan '99 back in the 1970's while living in Los Angeles for about 3 months. In fact, I attempted to catch every night of Leviathan '99, and Bradbury was there for each one, if I recall. There were not many, however, for it sadly closed after about a dozen performances. Ray used an abandoned sound stage at the time. It would be years later, that that exact sound stage would be lost in a huge fire on the lot.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
PHIL: You undoubtedly have the finest Bradbury website out there. I always marvel at the great design and comprehensive nature of the site.

That's true love, that is!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just want everyone to know that I had nothing to do with the fire on the sound stage.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: biplane1,

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me neither.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PHIL: By any chance do you have a photo of the original old Leviathan '99 poster that you could post here?

posted Hide Post
Here's one from my site. If you need a bigger image with more detail, let me know. (I've got one, but it's on a different computer to the one I'm using right now.)

- Phil

posted Hide Post
philnic:
Hey, thanks for all your comments, and that furry photo. That darn thing looks genuine. Getting a little warmer here after some of the coldest weather in Southern California since 1932. And it actually snowed in parts of Los Angeles (especially Malibu) yesterday. Kids throwing snowballs. Very unique.

Thanks also for the Leviathan '99 poster photo. That was Stage 9 that burned down. Ray has a preview of this new version of his play upcoming in a couple weeks. I shall be there at the preview night. Hope to post some photos. If 'Doug Spaudling' shows up we may have quite a number of photos at the same time.

posted Hide Post
Snow in Malibu!! How ironic, we had sun in far northern NY!!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
If Doug Spaudling shows up we may have quite a number of photos at the same time.

I was going to call Mr B today and ask him if he was going to be at the February 2 show. Do you happen to know, Nard? I want to go, but I want to go when he's going to be there. I have some more things for him to sign!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Snow in Malibu!! How ironic, we had sun in far northern NY!!

Ah, the gods are having sport with us.

(That was not a religious comment!)

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding:

Pinning down Ray, at times, is like pinning down a rascally rabbit. Know he's there (or plans to be) at the previews. Certainly thruout the play's run. Best give him a call.

---------------------

'rascally'... now there's another good word, wrong posting location, tho.

posted Hide Post
Wish I didnt live in lame ole' nowhere-ville *pouts and kicks dust*

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really? I thought Walla Walla was the big time!

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post