Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    New Musical Comedy Based on IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Musical Comedy Based on IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE
 Login/Join

posted
Starting tomorrow and running through July 24, 2022 is a new "musical comedy" from the Chicago Shakespeare Theater based on the fine film, IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE, for which Ray Bradbury wrote a detailed screen treatment. The play will be staged at Chicago's Navy Pier near downtown. I personally have some reservations about turning Ray's thoughtful story into a musical comedy. Couldn't they have picked a bomb like ROBOT MONSTER or TEENAGERS FROM OUTER SPACE? Oh, well. For more information about the play, including ticket information, click on the link below:

https://www.chicagoshakes.com/...34&mc_eid=e5cf46f1e6

Posts: 2456 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With further regards to the film version of IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE, director Stephen Spielberg openly acknowledged that Ray's film, with its vision of non-threatening aliens coming to Earth, was the inspiration for his classic movie, CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND. And upon Ray's death, Mr. Spielberg was quoted as saying: "“He was my muse for the better part of my sci-fi career. He lives on through his legion of fans. In the world of science fiction and fantasy and imagination he is immortal.”

Posts: 2456 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post