Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Eerie coincidence - so very Ray

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eerie coincidence - so very Ray
 Login/Join

posted
I just finished reading "Let's All Kill Constance." I bought the book with a Christmas gift card at Borders - it was on one of the new books tables, a lone copy just staring me in the face, so I had to pick it up!
I started reading it yesterday, January 5, my youngest daughter's 16th birthday. Birthday plans forced me to table the book after the first few chapters.
I was wakened early this morning (around 4 a.m.) by the wild southern California winds, and as they wouldn't let me get back to sleep I got up to read. It felt very appropriate to be sitting there reading Bradbury poetry to the tune of those fierce and violent winds.
I finished the tale, then went out to find my morning paper (a bit of a task, as it had blown into the gutter). When I turned to the page that shows today in history, I was eerily surprised by the first listed date - January 6, 1412, the traditionally considered birthdate of Joan of Arc. (If you haven't read "...Kill Constance" yet, read it and all will be made clear!)

"I would rather live in a <br />world where my life is <br />surrounded by mystery <br />than live in a world so <br />small that my mind could <br />comprehend it." - Henry <br />Emerson Fosdick, American <br />clergyman (187

Posts: 3 | Location: Santa Paula, CA USA | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suzi::::

You have obviously just entered...
The Twilight Zone

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 01-06-2003).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Events like this just point up the way Bradbury opens us to the magic in life.

By the way, I note I'm a "junior member" of this site - at my age it's interesting to be a junior member of anything!!!
Cheers.

"I would rather live in a <br />world where my life is <br />surrounded by mystery <br />than live in a world so <br />small that my mind could <br />comprehend it." - Henry <br />Emerson Fosdick, American <br />clergyman (187

Posts: 3 | Location: Santa Paula, CA USA | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post