Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    a proper ending

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

a proper ending
 Login/Join

posted
While I was raking up my front yard this past weekend, I came upon the cap, stem, and dried-out remains of my last year's JoL. I never rub the inside of my Jack o' Lantern with vaseline so it does not dry out so soon. I like it when the JoL gets older and develops "character"--puckering up, changing shape, etc. I considered that Mr. Bradbury would not dispose of such a relic by raking it into a leaf bag and disposing of it in the trash, so I put the remains on the sidewalk and set them on fire--a true Viking funeral! The pad of wax that had remained caught fire quickly and made quite a nice blaze. The proper end for a Jack o' Lantern! Hallowe'en can't get here too soon for me!

Posts: 77 | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good material for a Bradbury story incident!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hallowe'en can't get here too soon for me!

My gods! I thought I was alone in that sentiment! Haha! I've even been perusing my ghostly hauntings dvds and such as of late. Infectious, isn't it? Smiler

I even do an annual Hallowe'en e-zine on my site. I look forward to it all year! The only other holiday I look forward to as much is perhaps July 4th and then only because of the annual Twilight Zone marathon on Sci-Fi Channel!

Yule comes in third, but is still very, very cherished. But Hallowe'en is where it's at for me!

OH! And there's also my annual viewing of Mr. Bradbury's classic The Halloween Tree!

*sigh* Is summer over yet? *looks at watch*

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lord, I am delighted! You even spell "Hallowe'en" in the old-fashioned way! Hurrah for Samhain!

posted Hide Post
And just another five weeks or so til Summer Solstice, although Samhaim is my favourite. Good old Hallowe'en!

How many Pagans on the board? Raise your hand.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On second thought, don't raise your hand. Trust me on this.

We would have to move this to the "Orange Crop" thread!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And may you, Doug! As the Irish say, "May you have good."

posted Hide Post
AKA: All Hallows Eve, Hallowtide, Hallowmass, Hallows, and The Day of the Dead.

Blessed be!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Viktoria:
And may you, Doug! As the Irish say, "May you have good."

Good right back at you, Tori!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
All of you out there who believe in telekinesis - raise my hand!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're funny for a robot!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Telekinesis is a good word.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post