Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    "heaven" for me (and Mr. Bradbury?)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"heaven" for me (and Mr. Bradbury?)
 Login/Join

posted
I am not religious, but I do believe that when we leave this world, we go on to another. "Heaven" for me would be Eternal Autumn and Eternal Hallowe'en, just as Mr. Bradbury describes it in "Tricks! Treats! Gangway!" Imagine every morning the morning of Hallowe'en, foggy and misty and then burning off into "October's bright blue weather," then early evening with night coming on and hurrying home from grade school to dress in our chosen costume (mine was always a rubber skull mask-still remember that rubber odor-with a white sheet fastened under my chin and flowing down around), getting our pillow cases and rushing out the door to get our treasures. How well do I remember our next-door neighbors in the old neighborhood. They always fastened one of those great old almost anatomical cardboard jointed skeletons on the side of their house to welcome the children. I have one of those skeletons (an original) and when I hang it on my door every October I remember the Galli family. Would not Mr. Bradbury like to spend his eternity in the company of Wally Babb and Tom Skelton and Hackles Nibley and the rest, and especially with Pip, the greatest boy who ever lived? That is what I am looking forward to--

Posts: 77 | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonderful!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice, Viktoria!
I get nostalgic just seeing pumpkins at the shops or orange and black construction paper being readied for gradeschool projects.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post