Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    To Ray,,thank you for all the great and wonderful things you brought into this world!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

To Ray,,thank you for all the great and wonderful things you brought into this world!
 Login/Join

posted
Dear Ray,
I never met you and wished I could have, but in some ways I recieved a very special essence of you through-out all your work and books,I first read your books in the 1980's and they still hold their magic and the dust of time, everytime I re-read and turn the pages, you told great stories and had a wonderful joy and passion for life which I tried my best to copy and emulate and whenever I was feeling sad or down.I loved hearing you re-tell your own life story and in someways this was even more interesting and as absorbing as the books you wrote.
I was really sad and shocked to hear of your passing as we all are on this site, and yes I shed some tears but then I though, of your words, "love what you do and do the things you love" and this made me smile as you certainly did that and much much more, And also your words of "living forever" and you will do that, in the hearts,minds and souls of all the people who stopped and took the time to read and love your books and philocity on life, and in this way you will live on for always and you will inspire this generation and the next future generations to come, So now I'm not so sad as you had such a full and very long life and if I can do even a very small amount as you, and I keep your spirit in my heart then, then I'd be happy to say yes "I've done the things I love" and will keep doing so in your honour.

God bless you Ray-Electro and where ever you are and where ever we go to, I hope one day, I will meet you and shake your hand and hear once again your warm friendly smiling voice, and your stories and adventures once again,
take care and have a good life in the next
regards ... Dave

Posts: 67 | Registered: 04 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post