Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    A Sliver of Ray's Inspiration

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Sliver of Ray's Inspiration
 Login/Join

posted
As I count the months and days and seasons until ripe Autumn is here and spectacular October arrives along with a new Bradbury book, I have been inspired to write some more poetry as my muse screams silently inside me. Here's a sample. Hope you enjoy it.

Summer Twilight Time

Sunset colors in a soft breeze of new summer
Peaceful time, birds calling good night
Bicycles lie exhausted in lush green yards
Only to race again with hearts pounding briefness
And a world through shining new eyes
Dim firefly light pulses under trees
Rising to greet twilight with kisses of pale jade
A whispered shadow wings overhead
Stealthy bat beginning nocturnal forays
Milk slivered moon brightens and falls
As stars flicker hesitantly on and stay
Colors run and fade further to gray
Night descends pungently quietly
Softly
Now, right now.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good, but don't say I encouraged it, or everyone will want to post their poems...

...and we wouldn't want *that*, now, would we?

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear ya, I wasn't going to, but being it was inspired by summer and Ray, I figured it may be constructive. (hearing Anticipation song right nowSmiler)

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Dandelion, thank you by the way, for your positive comment but also everything you do around here. I will watch my p's and q's and dot my eyes. (that was a little robot humor)