Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Ray's weekly story challenge

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray's weekly story challenge
 Login/Join

posted
I wrote a short article about how a Ray Bradbury lecture inspired me to write one story a week for a whole year over at my blog. I am a beginning writer (more or less) and this is my first blog. I am a little unsure whether this counts as spam - I hope not, but if it does please remove it. At any rate, I am not trying to advertise my own work. I would just like to share my feelings of gratitude to Ray. If you are interested, please visit the blog page below. This will take you directly to the blog itself if you are interested. Thanks for looking.

Frederick's Blog

Posts: 5 | Location: Greece | Registered: 28 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Fred, and welcome. That doesn't count as spam at all. It's an absolutely on-topic link.

Did you know you weren't the first to rise to the Bradbury challenge? There's a whole group of people out there who have been trying to live up to the Bradbury Challenge:

http://write1sub1.blogspot.com/

You can see that they have taken it not just as a personal creative writing challenge, but also as the professional challenge as Ray did it himself in his early career. Not just writing the stuff and putting it away, but sending it out, so that by the end of the year you have 52 pieces of work in circulation and MAYBE one or two acceptances.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many thanks for the reply, Phil. I have also been putting the stuff out, and have had some acceptances (some non-paying, some token or semi-professional, which is a start). I intend to put out a good few more of the stories I wrote as part of the challenge but it takes time to edit them and I have young children who take up most of my free hours. But the important thing is that I now have a pool of stories to draw on thanks to Ray. Thanks indeed for the link, I will head over there now.

Posts: 5 | Location: Greece | Registered: 28 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles888:
Hey fred, I read the blog and it's really very nice. As you are new writer and it's your first blog then also did good work. keep updating the blog.

Sheriff!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...Sheriff!

The deputy has run another varmint out of town.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by Charles888:
Hey fred, I read the blog and it's really very nice. As you are new writer and it's your first blog then also did good work. keep updating the blog.

Sheriff!

What do you mean by this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

Posts: 1 | Location: 907 10th St, Monett, MO 65708 | Registered: 19 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Denise Hudson:
What do you mean by this?

Meaning, Phil (the Deputy) did to the last spammer what I (the Sheriff) just did to you. We shoot spam out of the saddle!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post