Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

technology
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Ray is not against technology, he is just all for seeing it used right! Without technology, how could we ever explore the universe and find new planets on which to live when this one gives out?

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YES!
There is some 'Golden Apples' left in the basket.

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20040908031309990001

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 09-10-2004).]

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The comment of the 14 yr. old in this article conjures up thoughts of the son in Rocket Man or the main character in Walking on Air or the kids in Veldt (taking their rocket shuttles too far for the liking of their parents). http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/space/2004-09-28-ansari_x.htm?POE=TECISVA

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look...

Technology is good and all that...but how many people here have read '451'?

If you really want to see a book about an anti-book future (and I'm sure Ray Bradbury would agree with me) read 'Last Book in the Universe' and tell me what you think.

--scaryneighbor

By the way, Nard...
Does technology seem to hate you or somethin'?

Posts: 15 | Location: milwaukee, WI, USA | Registered: 04 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
scaryneighbor,

I've read "451" and "Last Book in the Universe" and I don't think that the future is looking that bad. Have some hope, you freakin' pessimist!

Posts: 29 | Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | Registered: 06 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not your place to talk junk about other people, scaryneighbor.

You got the wrong website, pal.

Posts: 29 | Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | Registered: 06 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm simply stating that technology can have it's affect on people, soccer. Not all people are techno-geeks...except me. Look, all I was doing was trying to have a little joke with someone who has no sense of technology!

--scaryneighbor

Posts: 15 | Location: milwaukee, WI, USA | Registered: 04 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An now the Mechanical Hound can really run through the neighborhoods at night scanning and sniffing and searching and logging in even more facts.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/science/02/10/barcodes.species.reut/index.html

This "coding" can be applied (or already is) to the purchase of clothing, food, vehicles, and, of course, books! It only takes a microscopic wafer of info to supply the significant who, when, where, and how much! The Hound and Spiders (of Minority Report) are at the door trick or treating!

Mr. B had it just right back in 1953.

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 02-11-2005).]

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They can just keep their old barcodes out of my flower gardens!! Some place has got to be safe from Big Brother!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What technology are you talking about ?

Posts: 4 | Location: Ukraine | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post