Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Movies/TV Episodes inspired by Martian Chronicles

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movies/TV Episodes inspired by Martian Chronicles
 Login/Join

posted
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here...I remember a while back that I saw a tv show episode or a movie that was inspired by the Martian Chronicles, more specifically the story Mars Is Heaven (also titled the Third Expedition). Does anyone have a list of movies/shows that this inspired...or where to find one? It is because of this that I started to read Ray Bradbury and now I forgot what it was...very random question but I hope to solve it.

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 01 March 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi bradbury47, and welcome.

You may be thinking of DISTANT EARLY WARNING, a 1975 TV movie that seems to rip off "Mars is Heaven!".

There's a full list of Bradbury-based films on my website Bradburymedia.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Phil,

Thank you very much for the reply. Unfortunately I don't think that was it...it was much sooner, as in the last several years. Would you happen to know of any recent movies, or even episodes of TV shows that was based on Third Expedition?

Thanks!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 01 March 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post