Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Hello From Ray B.
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello From Ray B.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Dear, dear Mr. Bradbury,
May God richly bless you for your gifts to us.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Ray,

For the past 37 years to me you have been a shining star, a gem radiating warmth and love to all who touch you through reading your works, or those, like myself, who have had the had privilege of meeting you and corresponding over the years, and visiting on the phone.

Your speaking with a fan last Friday night, a young lady from Philadelphia visiting her father, made her day, her week, her month? Who knows what an effect of being able to speak directly to you has on a person. I thank you for your graciousness over the years.

I can hardly wait until the new books come out. Ravenous might describe my appetite for your stories, novels, and the rest.

Best wishes to you, Ray. What a guy!

Biplane 1
Michael Cloyd, Sunrise, Florida

[This message has been edited by biplane1 (edited 12-07-2004).]

[This message has been edited by biplane1 (edited 12-07-2004).]

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loving, heartfelt wishes to you too Mr. Bradbury.

You're always in my prayers, sometimes in my dreams, and more often than not you're in my most profound(and absurd) thoughts.

Thank you, grasstains

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am new here, to both this board and relatively new to the world (I'm 14), but I want to thank you. Your books have helped me through some tough times, and you have an eye for great people; you made me realize that there really is someone else out there who appreciates and understands Walt Disney and Gene Kelly. You are every bit the visionary Walt Disney was; your writing is proof of that. I can't wait for your next book! It sounds like good, light fun. Of course, I have at least five other books by you to get through, first. It's nice to know you appreciate your fans.

----------------------
"You come to a point where you don't work for the money"
--Walt Disney,
visionary

"...our only goal is to make money"
--Micheal Eisner,
enemy of visionaries everywhere

Roy Disney's savedisney.com
'for future generations'

[This message has been edited by scarywarhol (edited 12-07-2004).]

"The drain of talent - pure talent - from one single department, Feature Animation, has been absolutely gut-wrenching in the past year. People are being asked to leave because management - meaning Michael Eisner - can't figure out what to do with them. That is not the fault of the talent... it's the fault of management." <br />�Roy E. Disney <br /><br />savedisney.com<br />for future generations

Posts: 47 | Location: wilmington, DE, USA | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Ray,
You once signed a book for me with a dedication to Phil Trash. I asked someone who knew you well and they said not to bother you about the mistake, that my last name is really Trask. So, instead, since the hand of the master had touched that book, I simply changed my name. Love from the Trash family.

Posts: 257 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lol! I'm sure it just looked like an "h" instead of a "k" because he was writing quickly. the letters do look alike.

"The drain of talent - pure talent - from one single department, Feature Animation, has been absolutely gut-wrenching in the past year. People are being asked to leave because management - meaning Michael Eisner - can't figure out what to do with them. That is not the fault of the talent... it's the fault of management." <br />�Roy E. Disney <br /><br />savedisney.com<br />for future generations

Posts: 47 | Location: wilmington, DE, USA | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, he signed a book to my niece "to Eddie" when her name is Edie. Should she change it? I very much doubt she will!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many years ago I found some books of an unusual writer: Ray Bradbury.
He fascinated me so much!
At the very begining I was so eager to read his books that I learned Russian even more intesivelly to read his novels!
(English was not accessible to me, and still makes me so many problems ;-)
He was extremly popular in Russia in those old days!
– (Now it is the same because of Pavel Gubarev: the greatest fun of R.B. in Russia!)
Some years went and I read His books in Polish - my own language.
My children were very young, so I was reading them His novels aloud.
Every time it was a great event for us!
Many years went over and I am still eager to read his new books… .
- R.B. The greatest writer in my life? - YES

Maciej Nadolski
Poland / Torun, birthplace of Mikolaj Kopernik (Nicolaus Copernicus) the greatest Polish astronomer

maciej*

Posts: 2 | Location: Torun, Europe, Poland | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The man probably signs 200 books a day. He's bound to make mistakes!

posted Hide Post
Thank you for relaying the message Sam!
I am very much looking forward to Ray's next book, as I have a dog in a red bandana myself. See him at: http://www.dogster.com/?334

Margaret

Posts: 10 | Location: Menlo Park, CA USA | Registered: 18 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Mr. Bradbury,

Mog the Dog here, wandering a few corridors of the Internet tonight to report back to you that it has indeed been a wonderful year! Thanks for all the hopes, love and wishes...

Earlier this year, I emerged from a 27-year existence in an attic box to proclaim to the world that I'm the only 38-year-old stuffed pit bull on the planet. No one has proved me wrong yet, so I wander still.

I'm not even a real dog, and people talk to me from all over the world via Internet discussion forums like this one, so I'm not at all surprised to know that a real dog in a red bandana has been out there hearing confessions. I can't wait to read about it!

All my "mad love" back to you, Mr. Bradbury, from just shy of midnight in the Land of Plenty.

Mog the Dog http://landoplenty.blogthing.com/

Posts: 1 | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, two firsts in one post! Our first post from a dog, and first from a stuffed animal. There was that one from a cow once, but unfortunately the poor creature wasn't too intelligent.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Mr Bradbury...
Merry Christmas and Many Happy New Years from your biggest Italian fan...
And the moon be still as bright...

Roberto Cole.
quote:
Originally posted by Sam Weller:
To all my loving friends,

This is the perfect time of year to return to your love, and to tell you that I hope it's been a wonderful year for you, it certainly has been for me with more plays to be done, more stories to be written, and I know you'll be glad to hear that soon in the new year I'll have a new book of stories about dogs called, THE DOG IN THE RED BANDANA, including the title story about a dog that wanders through a Catholic hospital and hears confession from the sick people there. That idea alone is worth reading, I think!

The second and most important detail for the new year, within a few months, my dear friend Sam Weller will have his wonderful biography based on four years of visiting me and researching. I've waited for it for a long while and I received it in hospital a few months ago and it helped to make me well. I hope you will enjoy Sam's wonderful work.

In this time of Christmas, in this real time of love, I send you all the love in the world and the greatest wishes for the New Year.

Ray Bradbury

Posts: 2 | Location: ITALY | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, Italy! Has anyone here ever counted how many different countries are represented on this board? I would be curious to know. And welcome aboard!! How do you say Merry Christmas in Italian?

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas in Italian become : Buon Natale, sounds like "bwon Natwale".
Saluti a tutti, from Italy.
quote:
Originally posted by lmskipper:
Wow, Italy! Has anyone here ever counted how many different countries are represented on this board? I would be curious to know. And welcome aboard!! How do you say Merry Christmas in Italian?

Posts: 2 | Location: ITALY | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post