Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Ray-Inspired Webcomic

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray-Inspired Webcomic
 Login/Join

posted
Hello. My name's Richard Pulfer and I just wanted to say Fahrenheit 451 was by far the most exciting thing I read in English class during my Freshman year of high school. Since then I've immersed myself not just in Ray Bradbury's work, but his many of peers, including Neil Gaiman, Harlan Ellison, Stephen King, Issac Asmiov and Richard Matheson. Given the broad range of my topic, I felt I should give credit to all my influences.

But Asimov and Bradbury were certainly the spark which started my writing-reading obsession.

My web comic Hector! is all about the Story - its the world our heroes, once normal and now mythical, find themselves in . . . if if can even be called a world at all. Mostly, however, its about a poor sap stuck in the shoes of Hector of Troy charged with lifting the debt of Johnny Black, a mischevious figure of mythical status.

I also admit being inspired to chose my own writing utensils. While I've only typed on a typewriter for a few periods in my life (though more than most of my generation), I've now taken to typing up all my work on an old computer fitted with Microsoft Works. I can't stand the presumptous nature of Word, and the red lines and green lines drive my crazy anyway. Plus, my old computer, long since disconnected from the Internet, is pretty safe from viruses.

Though not as safe, I'd think, as Ray's typewriter.

Posts: 1 | Location: Byron, IL | Registered: 02 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post