Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    The Sound Of Summer Running
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Sound Of Summer Running
 Login/Join

posted
May we all have the opportunity to draw pictures in the sand with popsicle sticks this summer. I'll make a goal of it. I can't resist skipping rocks when I'm near the water. Yeah, the fishermen hate me, while fish love me. My people karma probably takes a small hit with each thrown stone, but hopefully my fish karma comes up. Hey, you never know when you'll need a fish to have your back.

The kids are out of school and we have them for 10 days before they go to Ex-Spouse's for the summer. We'll probably go rafting this Monday and to Marine World next Monday. Spouse and I will go rafting a few times while the kids are gone. That's the extent of our summer.

What are your plans?

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
grasstains:
Hey, it's EARLY!
In fact, what am I doing up so early? 5:05am Southern California time, on Sunday . Trying to catch up on things I should have done before getting to bed. Couple hours from now off to Worship. Out here in California I have my pick of the litter. That can prove problematic. Attended one church in Chicago, Moody Church, just north of downtown Chicago, along the lake. Got to know a lot of people. Out here I'm picking up pieces from 15 years ago. It's strange to meet old friends ...and their 'kids' are driving cars, but were running around as 'little' kids when I left.

This summer, try and touch base with Bradbury as much as possible, get serious with music, find a job, and try to figure out how anyone can afford to buy a house out here unless the market crashes...

===
Single parent? Yowie. I know how that is...!

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That church wouldn't be run by the reverand Jim Moody, would it?

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
grasstains: Nope. Jim is the actor.
This one is Dwight.
www.wholesomewords.org/biography/biorpmoody.html

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 06-11-2006).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to love Titus Moody (Parker Fennelley)-
"Howdy, Bub."

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah. Then there's this James Moody! http://www.answers.com/topic/james-moody

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moonies? Unification?

"try to figure out how anyone can afford to buy a house out here unless the market crashes..."

And if what's been happening in other states is any indication, rent is about increase... BIGTIME!

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 06-12-2006).]

posted Hide Post
This is meant to address Ray his fans and the current generation of eggheads bless 'em who trudge the happy road to twilightenment. I read R is for Rocket in 1955. I bought my copy at Mr. & Mrs Dills bookstore for a quarter. I couldn't buy his comic book stories because they were banned in Indiana. Ask him,(Ray) I am sure he remembers it.

At any rate the entire concept of "The Butterfly Effect" is borrowed by Chaos Theoreticians from the concept of this story line espoused in the film Distant Thunder. Having watched Chaos Theory grow up a little and participated in the foofaraw I can tell you bigger things are here. Haveing an Idea and expressing it co herently may well be the fulcrum point from which the Universe can be moved. But, just because we can do so: should we?

Posts: 1 | Location: Poulsbo, Washington, United States | Registered: 15 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are in a spaceship that is traveling at the speed of light, and you turn on the headlights, does anything happen?

posted Hide Post
Relatively speaking, yes. Your headlights go on but only you or anyone else that�s moving along at your speed would be able to see it. And Bob�s your uncle�or am I wrong again?

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
chapter 31.

Hmm! I'm probably wrong on this, but I think...I think you may incorrect on this!

Goes something like this:
That if you go to the speed of light and you looked in a mirror, you would not be able to see your reflection because the light is traveling the same speed as the reflection.

posted Hide Post
So if a bear left doodoo in the capsule, you wouldn�t be able to see it?

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, not if you are looking in a mirror!
http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/ARP/ARP103/Bear.jpg

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whaddaya doin' with a bear up there?
Must be a space-going Noah's ark!

posted Hide Post
c
f
b

Hmm!! Obviously this bear is NOT traveling at the speed of light...
http://www.brtp.com/new05/bearreflection2.jpg