Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    The Jar 1964 Valentines day

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Jar 1964 Valentines day
 Login/Join

posted
My mom named me Theedy, after Thedy Sue in the jar! I was wondering if anyone had any insight into where the name may have originated? I am very curious to find out!

Posts: 2 | Location: twilight zone | Registered: 23 December 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Theedy, and welcome! It's not every day we encounter someone named after a Bradbury character.

I don't recall seeing anything that discussed the origin of the character names in "The Jar", but I will try to find out. I think I am right in saying that in Bradbury's original story (which you can find in THE OCTOBER COUNTRY) she is just "Thedy". When she is referred to as "Thedy Sue" in the TV episode, that will be James Bridges' doing - he wrote the script.

My review of the episode is here.

And here is Collin Wilcox as Thedy Sue:

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you! I have been looking for answers to my name since I was little!

Posts: 2 | Location: twilight zone | Registered: 23 December 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post