Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Thank you and farewell from Russia

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thank you and farewell from Russia
 Login/Join

posted
Dear Mr.Ray...it's so sad that you are not at this earth with us anymore...i'd like to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for opening new worlds to us, for giving us possibility to see other universes by reading your great masterpieces. Rest in piece. My condolecences to all of your family. I believe you were a great husband, a great father and a great freiend.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 07 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi in Russia. check out this video I shot of Ray talking about the power of love and friendship. It was probably one of his last appearances.

From America with Love!

http://wakinguniverse.com/2012...ve-of-bradbury-wine/

Posts: 13 | Registered: 07 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Lance, the link to the video appears to be broken. Could you please check it and post again? Thanks.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Вино из одуванчиков... Many-many boys and girls grew up on this book... Thank you, mr. Bradbury

Posts: 2 | Registered: 06 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know why I was so shocked by Ray Bradbury’s death?

Firstly, he was a part of my childhood’s world. I’d read the ‘Martian Chronicles’ for the first time when I was six or seven, we had the book at home, it was a tiny book, smaller that A5, and it was really hard to get in the Soviet Union. I was reading other SciFi authors as well, of course, and as they were going to the other world – Simak, Azimov, Sheckley, Clark – the thought that was warming me up all the time was that Bradbury was still with us. Later, I read his other books in the original. His language was amazing, so colorful and diverse that it was really difficult to translate into Russian. I tried once, but I don’t think it was a good translation.

Secondly, an entire epoch is gone with his death, an epoch of really talented people – in all fields, not only in the literature. Where’s a substitute for Elvis Presley? There’s none. For Frank Sinatra? None. And the science fiction is dying out entirely; the last person who was capable of writing really good science fiction had died yesterday. I hoped he would live forever, this old-fashioned man in spectacles who used a typewriter and not the computer to type his manuscripts.

There will be soft rain, Mr. Bradbury, and it will fall on you, and you will be blessed and taken to Paradise, and at some point I hope I will meet you there. Thank you for living on this Earth, Ray. Rest in peace.

Posts: 4 | Location: Cyprus | Registered: 07 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, link to the video at www.wakinguniverse.com is working. it's possible that because it didn't post publicly until that morning it wasn't up yet. It was one of his last visits to a library when he came and spoke in my town. You can click on it from the site main page or from the previously sent link, I just checked it. Thanks!

Posts: 13 | Registered: 07 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Lance, it is indeed working now.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post