Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    What do you think ray is trying to get across?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you think ray is trying to get across?
 Login/Join

posted
What message is ray trying to get across?

Posts: 9 | Location: Lemont | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that there are to different ascpects of what he might be trying to give off. Is the dangers of censor ship. Look at Russia and communism there was so much censorship that it seemed that they became a robot of a country just making money. Also confroming to a social mold that are censored thinking leads up to no choice but to be an outcast or one of the crowd. Second is the human nature that we can fall away from our moral values. In the book the teenagers live just for those primal thrills such as killing, drugs, and sex sort of an emotional high. Thats all they try to find. Instead of finding the thrill of being a morally correct person. Whcih lasats lots longer than the emotional or drug high. You can also feel that moral high unlike that thrill of ur "primal" instincts.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Ray is trying to get across..By telling people that they need to run thier own lifes,and you are your own person.
Because you need to decide whats right for you and whats not. But if you have some other people run your life, you wont be happy. And thats what the book is trying to us*

Posts: 3 | Location: Lemont | Registered: 20 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I defiantly agree that Bradbury was trying to get across the idea that society influences our definition of what being happy is. For example, many people think kids that dress "gothic" or "punk" have issues with themselves. The way they dress and present themselves is seen as a threat because they are completely different than the norm. True, it is uncomfortable to deal with change. However, this does not mean we should completely elminate variety. Variety is what makes things unique and special. In my opinion, that was what Bradbury was trying to point out.

Posts: 3 | Location: Lemont, IL, U.S | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Ray is trying to tell us that we are ourselves not anyone else. And that he is meaning that we are ourselves and that rules just make more problems. I believe without rules that are not needed like books are not allowed. Thats not a rule thats like a command and yes defenetely no one will obey it eventually. I can surely tell you that if i was not allowed to read books, I would read them.

Posts: 2 | Location: lemont, il, USA | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post